Update on Lasher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a few things from Ray over the years. First thing I ever bought was a bunch of .308 ballistic tips. He handed me the bullets, we got to talking a while, then I handed him the money as I left. I no more than got home when he called. I answered and he said, “Hey! I screwed you!”

As it turns out, our talking got us both distracted and he shorted me a couple boxes of bullets. Neither of us noticed at the time but something clicked with him later. He told me to come back when it was convenient and he would make it right. Which he did. He was opinionated, rough, but an honorable man.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First
time I met Ray I went to his house to purchase some 4198 powder. He said he had a sealed 8 lb jug.

I looked at it, unscrewed the lid and flicked it with my finger, checking the seal.
"It is sealed." I said.

He said "I told you it was."

I said "Yeah, I believed you too, but I've been told many things by many people."

He says "But this is the first thing you've been told by me."

I smiled and said Yep.

And his little toothless dog growled at me.

We visited for probably 45 minutes, he had some great stories.

Good times.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sad news.

I had the pleasure of meeting Lasher in his home early Feb. 2019 when he purchased a CZ .22 rifle from me......we sat around shooting the bull about guns, Nam and Agent Orange for over an hour till his home health care nurse showed up to check on him.

For a few months after our meeting I'd give him a call every couple of weeks or so to see how he was doing, my calls started getting further apart and eventually stopped......wish I hadn't stopped calling now.

Ray was good people and I always enjoyed talking with him.......RIP.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a chance to meet him once.
Real good people.
Liked to talk.
Had a lot of stories.
Wish I had the time to hear more of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
RIP Ray. I’ve been to his house a number of times. He was a caring soul. I bought a red dot off of him once and we got to bs’ing about computers. I had an old laptop that needed some work and he offered to go through for me. I took him up on his offer and had planned on giving him some ammo or something gun related because I knew he wouldn’t let me pay him. He almost got upset when I tried to give him something for his efforts.

Latest posts

Top Bottom