UPDATE: USPS Rant 2.0 and More

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our youngest son had something ordered and received a notice that the delivery was made. He works at home and immediately went to the door. No package, so he contacted the shipping company (can't remember which it was) and they sent him an image showing the package at the front door.

He contacted them back and stated that his door didn't look ANYTHING like the door in the image.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The neighbor from the next street over just brought my package the driver FedEx left at her place today. I live in Terrace and she’s on Street. They ALL screw up sometimes. Some more than others.

I only have 1 neighbor. Everyone around me owns relatively large tracts of land so there's only me and one neighbor on this stretch of road. I know he didn't get it cuz I looked around his gate and mailbox.

On a separate note...

I've had 4 packages delivered here by the post office with my address but a name that's no anyone I know. All from Amazon. Some lady keeps buying sprinkler stuff on Amazon and for some reason she's using my address. I've tried to look her up but come up with nothing. Amazon can't/won't do anything about it even though I've told them. The first couple of packages I put back in the box with a note that no one by that name was at this address. The post office redelivered them to me a few days later. So now I just open them and see what's inside.

I got a nice little "White Out" correction ribbon yesterday. If I get much more of this lady's sprinkler stuff I'll have enough to install my own system by the end of spring.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for the Dish thing, is it possible they printed the bill before you made the call to cancel or is the bill your actual online account? I may have missed it if this has been addressed already. Just trying to stay positive, but know the struggles with "customer" service...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've decided that all the non-hackers who fail at their job at the Ada post office must find their way into employment at Dish Network. That's not setting the bar high for performance, I can assure you.

We recently signed up for Dish Network TV. Neither of us have had TV service for years. We spend a lot more time at home these days so we thought it might be nice.

Part of the promotion pack for signing up for new service was the standard 3 months of a movie channel package at no charge. But you have to cancel at the end of the 3 month period or they'll continue to provide those channels and you'll be charged. Our cutoff day was the 27th.

I called Dish on the 25th and requested ALL premium channels be deleted from our programming. The (apparently) off-shore agent assured me they were cancelled. Simple 5 minute phone call.

I got my bill today. Guess what didn't get cancelled? Guess what I'm being charged for?

I swear... Just another in the very long list of people or organizations that can't even manage to do a half-assed job. It's just become the norm to expect less from everyone. Very sad. And it's also just infuriating when it happens over and over and over...

It's no wonder I dislike people so much these days.

Oh, yeah... We now have like 5,291 TV channels that we can scroll thru and then b***h because there's nothing worth watching. At least there's that entertainment value...
Oh God, how I know this by heart! I can write a complete white paper in an email explaining the who what when how and why on the situation at hand and STILL... NO ONE READS the damn email. They send a canned message back or misread the crux of the email and don't even look at the specific question I ask.

This was extremely evident in the emails I received from the water heater service reps. It was rampant when I was a service technician. I could call the manufacturer's technical support and explain 5 times sometimes to 5 different people what the part is doing or not doing and they would start their Q and A and ask the same damn questions I had already given the answers to. They were probably going off of a script that they used and filled in the blanks on a GO / NO GO page.

Lord help you if you have multiple vendors of manufactured parts you are trying to marry together and make work according to the specs or salesman. Lots and lots of finger-pointing toward "others". A 1.2 Million dollar job was almost scrapped because of the interaction of one manufacturer's device toward another device made by another vendor. It actually took an engineer and his computer flying to our job site to discover the problem.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
meh, I got rid of cable and satellite. I just use the internet tv that comes with the smart tv's I have and whatever subscriptions.

However, our PO in Elgin is great. Never have any of the nightmares that people post here...maybe I just jinxed myself but whatever.

UPS though, they deliver everything on time, but it looks like it's been to Afghanistan and back every time we get a package. Covered with moon dust and beat to hell. Sometimes a box is just shy of being a taped up cardboard ball, but nothing's ever broken.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Everywhere I've ever lived the local PO has been great. I've always preferred them over FedEx or UPS. FedEx Ground has always been the worst in my experience. Here FedEx Ground has been great, as has UPS.

And, yeah... We debated the TV thing. I don't really care about it. But the kids are always here at one time or another visiting and it's nice for them to have the opportunity to watch. I could happily live without it.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh God, how I know this by heart! I can write a complete white paper in an email explaining the who what when how and why on the situation at hand and STILL... NO ONE READS the damn email. They send a canned message back or misread the crux of the email and don't even look at the specific question I ask.

This was extremely evident in the emails I received from the water heater service reps. It was rampant when I was a service technician. I could call the manufacturer's technical support and explain 5 times sometimes to 5 different people what the part is doing or not doing and they would start their Q and A and ask the same damn questions I had already given the answers to. They were probably going off of a script that they used and filled in the blanks on a GO / NO GO page.

Lord help you if you have multiple vendors of manufactured parts you are trying to marry together and make work according to the specs or salesman. Lots and lots of finger-pointing toward "others". A 1.2 Million dollar job was almost scrapped because of the interaction of one manufacturer's device toward another device made by another vendor. It actually took an engineer and his computer flying to our job site to discover the problem.
tl;dr

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This comment is NOT specifically related to Sooner's comment:

I sure wish y'all would quit posting such "innovative abbreviations" in your comments. I then have to copy the appropriate "abbreviation" and paste it into another search engine function to find out what it means.

I'm old, and I figure that I might be wasting what time I have left in looking things up.

:boxing3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom