UPDATE: USPS Rant 2.0 and More

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Decoligny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you didn’t order and pay for it you shouldn’t keep it. It’s not like the winch fairy left it for you.
If it is addressed to someone else, you are supposed to return it to USPS.
To keep it and open it is a Federal offense.

If it is addressed to you, and is something you did not order, you are legally allowed to keep it as it is considered an unsolicited gift.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The hiring test consists of two directives that you must correctly follow.

Breathe in.
Breathe out.
You’re confused. That’s the requirement for posting on OSA. A lot of people on here couldn’t bust a 70 or higher on the postal exam and certainly couldn’t pass their 90 day probation. Some of them can’t walk to the frig without blowing out a lung but they’ve all got time to join the me too movement. 😂

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my guys arrested a guy for DUI one night. Larry Dean something or other. What a monumental crybaby this guy was. And he was a Marine. We referred to him as Larry Dean the cryin' Marine.

@pstmstr I'm just curious because it seems to me the odds of two of you are pretty slim. Is your name Larry, by chance? Asking for a friend...

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They aren’t going to tell you what action, if any, they are taking with the carrier. I’m glad Amazon is sending you another. Insurance covers from the place of acceptance to the correct destination delivery. A lot of people don’t purchase insurance and I don’t think Amazon even offers it as an option. I know they do require a delivery signature on some high value shipments. I still think the original package will show up, maybe not.
Can the post office actually do anything to employees?

In Seattle we had a mail carrier, Ray. This guy was a piece of work, he would growl at the dogs, stamp his feet and grunt at kids, just completely bitter and mean always. My daughter called him,"the mean mailman" and was terrified of his daily arrival. I tried to be nice to him and was subject to such enlightening conversations as, "Get those damn flower pots off your porch, I don't wanna have to break them." It got to the point my standard greeting when I saw him became, "Hey Ray, kill yourself."

Its one thing to be a jerk but this guy also sucked at his job. Instead of delivering packages he would leave those pick up at the post office notes which added A day or 2 to delivery plus a drive across town. He would not deliver mail for days then cram it in the box, if he dropped mail he would just leave it on the ground and misdelivery was common.

While going to pick up a time sensitive package at the post office I decided to file a complaint. The supervisor looked at my address and immediately forlornly said said "It's Ray" and went on to tell me that it's a known issue but he can't do anything due to the union. He said that when Ray gets enough complaints he gets moved to a new route, which gets enough complaints to be moved to another. In 8 years he was on my route about 4 different times, you could tell he was there without even seeing him just based on the crappiness of delivery. It was a window into the level of accountability of the USPS

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
One of my guys arrested a guy for DUI one night. Larry Dean something or other. What a monumental crybaby this guy was. And he was a Marine. We referred to him as Larry Dean the cryin' Marine.

@pstmstr I'm just curious because it seems to me the odds of two of you are pretty slim. Is your name Larry, by chance? Asking for a friend...
I am pretty slim but my name is Michael Cox. What’s funny is one guy has a problem with USPS and all you other guys jump in like it’s a me too movement. You arbitrarily label every postal employee at Ada as stupid or poor performers when you have absolutely no idea how to do the job yourself. You sit around with your Corgi’s waiting for the mail to be delivered like a grumpy old fart with nothing better to do. That is until you whine about your cable service. Seems to me the crier here is you but if it makes you feel better to call me names then go for it. Just the other day you started a thread saying you wouldn’t do that. How quickly you forget. You definitely wouldn’t pass the memory test with a memory that poor.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Can the post office actually do anything to employees?

In Seattle we had a mail carrier, Ray. This guy was a piece of work, he would growl at the dogs, stamp his feet and grunt at kids, just completely bitter and mean always. My daughter called him,"the mean mailman" and was terrified of his daily arrival. I tried to be nice to him and was subject to such enlightening conversations as, "Get those damn flower pots off your porch, I don't wanna have to break them." It got to the point my standard greeting when I saw him became, "Hey Ray, kill yourself."

Its one thing to be a jerk but this guy also sucked at his job. Instead of delivering packages he would leave those pick up at the post office notes which added A day or 2 to delivery plus a drive across town. He would not deliver mail for days then cram it in the box, if he dropped mail he would just leave it on the ground and misdelivery was common.

While going to pick up a time sensitive package at the post office I decided to file a complaint. The supervisor looked at my address and immediately forlornly said said "It's Ray" and went on to tell me that it's a known issue but he can't do anything due to the union. He said that when Ray gets enough complaints he gets moved to a new route, which gets enough complaints to be moved to another. In 8 years he was on my route about 4 different times, you could tell he was there without even seeing him just based on the crappiness of delivery. It was a window into the level of accountability of the USPS
Another wives tale. Postal employees can be held accountable and I had several fire themselves. Steps normally are; Discussion, Letter of Warning, 7 day suspension, 14 day suspension, then removal for things like continuing to misdeliver mail etc. Instant removal for theft, intoxication, and other serious offenses. Most of them correct themselves after the first step or 2. Some fire themselves by failing to correct their performance. I can assure you that more postal employees get discipline than any other federal sector.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sit around with your Corgi’s waiting for the mail to be delivered like a grumpy old fart with nothing better to do.
That sounds pretty nice tbqh, I wish I could do that.
1680370507579.png

The mailman use to growl at my corgi.

But apparently the multiple complaints I filed and experiences I had are an "old wives tale."

And then suddenly for no reason at all everyone hated the USPS...

Latest posts

Top Bottom