UPS vs. USPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my street is still iced over to the point I can kind of skate along it. Not on ice skates, of course ;) I have two packages coming via UPS, and the tracking info indicated both packages were in Tulsa and “out for delivery” on Wednesday.

Nothing. Got an update - will be delivered Thursday, due to weather.

Nothing. Got an update - will be delivered Friday, due to weather.

Friday came and went, and nothing. Yep, “Will be delivered Monday, due to weather.” Yeah right, with the snow coming, I’m guessing the packages will be sent back to the vendor.

In the meantime, USPS delivered my mail Thursday and yesterday.

Has anyone had a similar experience? What’s with UPS wussing out when the US mail came through? The UPS packages aren’t anything I have to have, but I find it curious one would keep postponing delivery, while the other chugs right along on the same street.

MrChris

Sniper
Special Hen
Reaction score
The USPS gets a bad rap. My wife and I run 2 businesses, one of which is an e commerce biz. We ship hundreds of packages per week, and these days all but maybe 5% we ship with USPS.
We avoid UPS like the plague. With UPS it seems like nothing arrives on time, and alot of merchandise gets damaged in shipping.
We dont have this problem with USPS.

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I just have the worst of luck with UPS but even when the weather is clear, UPS will screw something up.

Couple weeks ago I ordered some ammo cans from CleanAmmoCans.com (who are great to work with). UPS said they would be here for three days in a row and then they lost my package. I get a lot of perishable products sent overnight to my office ... not uncommon for UPS to deliver a day late.

Ordered some stuff from Midway that was supposed arrive Thursday, it came Friday. Watched the "Track Your Delivery" on UPS and they were in my neighborhood but did not deliver when they should. Which makes me question is it the weather or not enough man hours driving their trucks?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yep. Same thing. Got a package from USPS yesterday. Not to mention Brown changes their scans that are visible to the public. This package was Overnight Next Day Air Saver. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday. It arrived in OKC at noon and did have 3 scans showing that have now disappeared. Even though they have trucks running today and the weather is much better than it will be Monday they have reassigned a Monday delivery date to it. Nothing I need quickly but just an example between the 2. All delivery companies make mistakes and provide less than stellar service on occasion. When it absolutely, positively, has to be there….some day.
IMG_3241.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From my experience..... Amazon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fedex>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>UPS>>USPS.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anyone had a similar experience? What’s with UPS wussing out when the US mail came through? The UPS packages aren’t anything I have to have, but I find it curious one would keep postponing delivery, while the other chugs right along on the same street.
I'm guessin' this is a driver issue. I've had the same thing happen with FedEx when the weather was clear. Usually late in the day when (I assume) the driver is just wanting to go home. And then again, I've had other drivers deliver at 11:00pm.

AFAIK, USPS drivers don't have the option to postpone packages once they're loaded up for delivery.
:drunk2:

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have the opposite problem here. Fedex and UPS trucks will dare all kinds of weather to deliver out here in the sticks, but USPS is a pain in the ass. We had a decent USPS driver (Miss you Charlotte) a few years back who was reliable for most weather, but the new deliver guy is just a buttnugget. He didn't deliver any of our mail this week until yesterday and that was ONLY after calling and reporting him, yet again.

Latest posts

Top Bottom