UPS vs. USPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had the Best Mail Lady for over 12 years, she transferred to Ada Ok. Mike “pstmstr” worked with her. Mike has helped me in getting things straightened up at our local USPS Office years ago. Thanks again Mike!

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I had the Best Mail Lady for over 12 years, she transferred to Ada Ok. Mike “pstmstr” worked with her. Mike has helped me in getting things straightened up at our local USPS Office years ago. Thanks again Mike!

Glad I could help back then. Nobody listens to me anymore. I’m just an old retired guy waiting on my mail to get here so I can throw most of it in the trash. I did get a cool new golf shirt yesterday that I might be able to wear by April.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I shipped 500 rds. of .38 spl. to my brother in Va. . The lazy postal worker that delivered them just dropped the box on his front porch. My brother said there were rounds scattered all over his front porch. Years ago I bought five Ruger .22 pistols for my gun class. When they were delivered to my FFL by UPS, he wasn't home so they were left on his front porch. You can get sorry service from either UPS or USPS.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I shipped 500 rds. of .38 spl. to my brother in Va. . The lazy postal worker that delivered them just dropped the box on his front porch. My brother said there were rounds scattered all over his front porch. Years ago I bought five Ruger .22 pistols for my gun class. When they were delivered to my FFL by UPS, he wasn't home so they were left on his front porch. You can get sorry service from either UPS or USPS.

You either didn’t read or didn’t answer correctly when asked if the package contained any hazardous substance. You can’t legally ship live ammo via USPS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

xjer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have been shipping UPS for almost 30 years. Always had pretty good service. Not so with USPS. We avoided
shipping USPS if at all possible. We have gotten to know our UPS drivers. That makes a difference. Our first UPS driver
retired now his son is our driver. We also have problems with Fedex. UPS showed up yesterday. Fedex was a no show.
Fedex said they will be back Monday. We are on a 1/4 mile of dirt road there is no way they are coming Monday.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I had an older lady that used to deliver here (USPS) Kindest hard working person I'd ever met with them. Zero complaints on mail in our neighborhood for years. She recently left and it seen crap since. Packages marked delivered when they never drove by. Luckily I've had honest people hand deliver them that weren't supposed to get them.

I miss her. I used to meet her with cold Gatorade and water during the summer. She was awesome.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So it’s basically up to the driver to decide whether packages are delivered or not.

Nope. Everything goes every day and if anything is brought back it is supposed to be verified by a supervisor with the reason. At least at USPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered a special Valentine's Day gift for my wife this week. Guaranteed delivery today, Saturday the 13th.

It's now almost 11AM Sat and my package hasn't updated since 1AM on the 12th when it left Memphis. I was hoping it would make it, doesn't look like today is likely, maybe tomorrow. I'd like to get it on/before Valentine's Day. Otherwise, I'm thinking it'll be a few extra days due to this weather coming in.

Oh well... it won't be the end of the world, I just wanted to get some brownie points with The Wife. If it doesn't show, it's gonna look like all I got her was chocolate and a card. <sigh>

Latest posts

Top Bottom