UPS vs. USPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
USPS has been doing better as of late. As it stands today I had an overnight UPS not make it yesterday just shows weather delay in transit no update when I will get it. I have a USPS on the delivery truck today that is showing up early today. It was scheduled for next Tuesday. My normal mail lady is pretty dang good. She scooted up an ice covered sidewalk earlier this week to drop packages on my porch. She is always courteous with packages and deliveries be it a small box or 68# box of bullets. I routinely have UPS pickups done at my home for work. These are some big heavy boxes. On occasion my pickup is skipped. Most of the time the folks are friendly and don't complain when I have a stack of large 50-80# boxes going out. Fedex, UPS, USPS and Amazon all made on-time deliveries to me this week. So I ain't complaining. Driving in this SH#T sucks! They been doing it all week.

As to the person that claimed USPS busted their stuff dropping it on the porch. If you have ever seen automated sorters work. That is a packaging issue imo. I worked a contract at an airport and seeing the automation that moved bags will make you never put anything breakable in a bag. When they shift an item from one conveyor to the other it knocks the living hell out of it. Or they get smashed when moving from one down to the other and the up/down belt smashes them. Then add in the human factor. If stuff gets broken its normally poorly packaged.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
USPS has been doing better as of late. As it stands today I had an overnight UPS not make it yesterday just shows weather delay in transit no update when I will get it. I have a USPS on the delivery truck today that is showing up early today. It was scheduled for next Tuesday. My normal mail lady is pretty dang good. She scooted up an ice covered sidewalk earlier this week to drop packages on my porch. She is always courteous with packages and deliveries be it a small box or 68# box of bullets. I routinely have UPS pickups done at my home for work. These are some big heavy boxes. On occasion my pickup is skipped. Most of the time the folks are friendly and don't complain when I have a stack of large 50-80# boxes going out. Fedex, UPS, USPS and Amazon all made on-time deliveries to me this week. So I ain't complaining. Driving in this SH#T sucks! They been doing it all week.

As to the person that claimed USPS busted their stuff dropping it on the porch. If you have ever seen automated sorters work. That is a packaging issue imo. I worked a contract at an airport and seeing the automation that moved bags will make you never put anything breakable in a bag. When they shift an item from one conveyor to the other it knocks the living hell out of it. Or they get smashed when moving from one down to the other and the up/down belt smashes them. Then add in the human factor. If stuff gets broken its normally poorly packaged.

Yep I was going to mention that. If dropping a box on a porch caused loose rounds to “be everywhere” then I can only imagine how they were packed. When I used to order bullets from Montana gold for reloading they were in a plastic bag inside a sturdy box and then inside another sturdy box. Never had a problem. Not to mention he’s lucky those loose rounds weren’t reported to the inspection service. Maybe they were. The only thing slower than mail is an inspection service investigation. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well, I have to update my OP. I got a UPS update that instead of Monday, delivery would be made today.

It was, just now. Color me surprised.

Mine has been “processing for delivery” since noon yesterday. Still scheduled for Monday. Seems like it would make sense to clear everything possible today before the snow storm but that’s just a delivery manager for 32 years talking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an older lady that used to deliver here (USPS) Kindest hard working person I'd ever met with them. Zero complaints on mail in our neighborhood for years. She recently left and it seen crap since. Packages marked delivered when they never drove by. Luckily I've had honest people hand deliver them that weren't supposed to get them.

I miss her. I used to meet her with cold Gatorade and water during the summer. She was awesome.

Oh yea! I’d get my mail lady gift cards, surprise her with cookies and milk!

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have more problems with UPS lately since the higher ups want to micro manage the delivery route. Used to come pretty much before noon. Now it could be 10 in the morning or after dark or any time in between. I have watched the driver drive past my house and deliver to ones behind me with my package on the truck. I have had packages left at the cattle guard 200 yards away on the county road with a delivered to front porch scan. I have had packages left out in the rain with no plastic bag around it. I have had packages not delivered because the imaginary gate was closed. Fed Ex can be the same depending on who the new driver of the week is.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You either didn’t read or didn’t answer correctly when asked if the package contained any hazardous substance. You can’t legally ship live ammo via USPS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You are wrong. When I went into the post office to ship the bullets I read the little sign about shipping hazardous materials. I had them in a postal white box because of the weight. I ask the guy if ammo was included . He didn't know and went and asked his boss. He was told I would have to ship them in a brown box and they would not be put on a plane because they sometimes use UPS planes and that violated UPS rules. So they were shipped per USPS rules according to the Ponca City post office .

Latest posts

Top Bottom