Upside Down Shoulder holster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See now if I got one of these rigs I'd have to go buy a White Testarossa, a white suit with a pastel undershirt..... white loafers... no socks...some hair product..... and last but not least.... A Bren Ten.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
See now if I got one of these rigs I'd have to go buy a White Testarossa, a white suit with a pastel undershirt..... white loafers... no socks...some hair product..... and last but not least.... A Bren Ten.

Bren 10 was the best part of that series!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, I know. But that at least stands a good chance at missing people entirely, or at least hitting in a non-vital area. Pointed up, that close to the armpit, there's almost no way it won't clip a major pipeline if somebody gets careless with his trigger discipline on the draw.

That is why I never trusted the upside down carry shoulder rigs when I used a shoulder holster years ago. Now that CC may get passed I might start carrying again but can not choose between a horizontal rig or an right side up rig. I have a horizontal now that I adjusted to a upward angle so that someone would have to be right behind me but I am not happy with it. Besides it is for my old P89 and I would rather carry a wheelgun if I can get my hands on something smaller than a 6in barreled 357.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well sports fans, it's here, and I did the adjustments, and put one of my 4" L-frames in it and found it very hard to get the gun (unloaded of course--we have to think safety, after all) in. So I looked the side of the holster and thought it looked more like it was made for a Python. I got my Old Model Trooper out of the safe and put it in. It seemed to fit better, so I left it in for a while, and watched The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas with my wife, and after taking the Colt out, I tried another L-frame, and that one went in.

The workmanship seems to be good, but adjusting it to my vast bulk was something of a chore. It seems to conceal very well, and with my draw, it is reasonably fast, just like my old Bianchi.

Admittedly, shoulder holsters are slower than belt holsters, so the bulk of my carrying will be with a belt rig, but for those times when, for various reasons, you can't use a belt holster, a good shoulder rig can be quite useful.

I wish I still had my old Bianchi.

Wish I had mine too.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved mine with my revolver because it hung just under the armpit and was easy to conceal. Some holster manufacturers will not produce small of the back holsters for liability. I could even take it off and put it on with a coat over it and no one knew it. The trigger guard is completely covered and you pull the gun out with the grips only. I got so where I could get it out with my left hand too. It's just a matter of getting used to what you have. Practice. Practice. Practice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom