US Army testing new chambering?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as i understand it, they will be chambered 6.8 spcII. the chamber remington originally sent for testing had a mistaken shoulder measurement and that's why it failed the testing. the fellow i buy my barrels along with a doctor in texas discovered the error and began selling 6.8spcII chambered barrels, i've chrono'd @ 2700fps out of 16" barrels shooting 90gr gold dots. 110 gran bullets go a shade over 2700fps out of 18" barrels. i've been a fan of the 270 short for several years. with the army coming on board more loadings and better bullets will finally begin to show up...we hope.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What’s the weight of the firearm compared to the M4 chambered in 5.56?

if both carbines were configured from the same components excepting the barrel and bolt, the weight difference would be in the ammo, 6.8 spcII holds more powder and it's parent case is 30 cal remington as i recall, and the bullets are heavier.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if both carbines were configured from the same components excepting the barrel and bolt, the weight difference would be in the ammo, 6.8 spcII holds more powder and it's parent case is 30 cal remington as i recall, and the bullets are heavier.

Which would be slightly offset by the increased bore diameter making the barrels weigh less, assuming the same o.d.

Latest posts

Top Bottom