US debt deal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4D8C2335-7CC0-49C5-AB0B-EE8A666D4E08.jpeg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The answer is in the Daily Prayer

2 Chronicles 7:14

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
In a nutshell

That requires sacrifice, meaning people need to give up themselves to be humble and pray and seek gods face.

These days church is about feels and feeling good about yourself when you walk out the doors, not as much about sacrificing our time, our lives etc to see gods glory and his presence.

Just my .02 worth.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That requires sacrifice, meaning people need to give up themselves to be humble and pray and seek gods face.

These days church is about feels and feeling good about yourself when you walk out the doors, not as much about sacrificing our time, our lives etc to see gods glory and his presence.

Just my .02 worth.
you paint the church with a broad brush. but the prayer doesn't say that it is the church that should humble themselves.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you paint the church with a broad brush. but the prayer doesn't say that it is the church that should humble themselves.

I speak the truth.

If my people, who are called by my name...

It starts with the church, I do not expect a non believer or follower of a false religion to humble themselves and pray, I expect the body of Christ to do so.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To quote or paraphrase an evil, old witch... "At this point, what difference does it make?"

We can't pay what we owe anyway. Out debt is roughly more than 1.5 times our GNP. We really can't produce enough to pay that. Not with the service type economy we're trending towards. The further we move away from manufacturing, the harder it's gonna be to pay this and sustain this level of debt.

We will never be able to pay this off or even pay it down substantially. We'll owe almost $11T just in interest over the next decade.

F**k it... Spend it like it's free. That's what they're gonna do anyway.
The only way this ends is if it’s accelerated to implosion

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I see this subject of we will never pay it back, blah blah...pay it to whom? The transformers?

Since the advent of CC in the 70s this was going to be the outcome. There was never enough money to support a nation, much less the world.

Most of you here, it was your parents that voted for this, and being that American Dream was a 9to5 factory job and BBQ weekends with a white picket fence.

This is what will happen, everyone will want credit to attain that goal. When money stopped being backed by anything it was the first clue.

Current state is just to keep the system choochin till the next election cycle by whatever means needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom