US Diesel Crisis Hits Eastern Seaboard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better buy that $70,000+ EV!
Shortage is probably because of heating oil which is one level below diesel in the fractionating process being pumped into homes. A lot of them on the east coast use heating oil to keep their homes and businesses running and warm so refineries redirect their processes to making heating oil.
Another reason I chose a gasoline truck for towing.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better buy that $70,000+ EV!
Shortage is probably because of heating oil which is one level below diesel in the fractionating process being pumped into homes. A lot of them on the east coast use heating oil to keep their homes and businesses running and warm so refineries redirect their processes to making heating oil.
Another reason I chose a gasoline truck for towing.
Heating oil prices are going to be astronomical in the NE corridor this winter too.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to my friends at the refinery, diesel is more profitable than unleaded gasoline and is easier to refine.

I doubt we’re going to run out of diesel fuel, but stranger things have happened. Take for instance, we have a dementia rattled, diaper wearing moron in the Oval Office, so anything is possible.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the guys that works for me lives and farms in rural New Jersey. He said heating oil is bumping $6/gal and the farmers he handles in Vermont are expecting $10 diesel as we go into spring.

Last edited:

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe, just maybe, someone will associate the lack of supply with over regulation. Diesel use to be a byproduct, now it's more refined than gasoline. There are not enough refineries to keep up with demand. All supply chain transportation uses diesel.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom