US Diesel Crisis Hits Eastern Seaboard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SlugSlinger has it right! The federal requirement of Low Sulfur diesel fuel, is very hard to refine to the level required. Matter of fact it cost a lot to refine it down to the .005 mandated by government, and very few refineries can get it down to those levels. If they relaxed this even to .01 the amount of diesel "refinable" would almost double, but don't hold your breath! Don't forget "we are doing everything we can"

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The article is not speaking of diesel fuel, it is referring to the additives to the oil used inside the motor. One thing for sure, I would not buy a diesel vehicle if it does run out. Who knows what crap people will use in the crankcase. However if we are down to a 26 day supply of diesel no problem, those trucks will be parked. This is disturbing. Two shortages effecting supply chains.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The article is not speaking of diesel fuel, it is referring to the additives to the oil used inside the motor. One thing for sure, I would not buy a diesel vehicle if it does run out. Who knows what crap people will use in the crankcase. However if we are down to a 26 day supply of diesel no problem, those trucks will be parked. This is disturbing. Two shortages effecting supply chains.
If you are speaking of neighbor Bobs “I compensate for my small package 1 ton pos” being parked due to lack of oil you are right thinking it’s no big deal.
Those big 18 wheel prime movers get parked for more than a day or so shortages will be nothing. When the shelves ran bare at the grocery store there would be no 52’ box vans/refers movin to refill them from the distribution center, would not have that tanker truck dropping fuel into the tanks at your local gas station, the supply chain breaks.
That will damage far more than the used vehicle market.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are speaking of neighbor Bobs “I compensate for my small package 1 ton pos” being parked due to lack of oil you are right thinking it’s no big deal.
Those big 18 wheel prime movers get parked for more than a day or so shortages will be nothing. When the shelves ran bare at the grocery store there would be no 52’ box vans/refers movin to refill them from the distribution center, would not have that tanker truck dropping fuel into the tanks at your local gas station, the supply chain breaks.
That will damage far more than the used vehicle market.
It will, last part was tongue in cheek, should have been more direct.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our military uses diesel in a lot of vehicles from 18 wheelers, tanks to trucks. Plus diesel is used to transport missiles across the country. Biden: "cough, cough, hark, spit." He did this to us and already the shelves in grocery stores are showing the evidence.

Latest posts

Top Bottom