US Reaper Drone and Russian Su-27 collide over international waters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't quite understand how the SU-27 could damage the prop of the Reaper. The Reaper has a cruise speed of around 150mph. The fighter's stall speed would probably be around this figure. I'm thinking there's something else going on.

BTW, I think the Russian's dumping fuel on the drone is an analogy of 'pizz'n on the US of A'....

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't quite understand how the SU-27 could damage the prop of the Reaper. The Reaper has a cruise speed of around 150mph. The fighter's stall speed would probably be around this figure. I'm thinking there's something else going on.

BTW, I think the Russian's dumping fuel on the drone is an analogy of 'pizz'n on the US of A'....
All it would take is dumping a load of fuel on top of the 'Reaper's' prop which could bend one or more of the blades out of balance causing the drone to lose stability. Even a little shot of afterburner across a fuel soaked drone wing may be enough to ignite it.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Russian Navy beat U.S. to Reaper salvage site.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ce-recover-downed-Reaper-drone-Black-Sea.html

Moscow said it would work to retrieve the wreckage of the $32million drone in what would be a propaganda coup for Vladimir Putin, after earlier warning that it will 'consider any action with US weaponry as openly hostile'.

'I don't know whether we'll be able to retrieve it or not but it has to be done. And we will certainly work on it,' Russian Security Council secretary Nikolai Patrushev said in televised remarks on Wednesday.

Earlier, White House national security spokesman John Kirby confirmed the US was reviewing 'imagery' collected from the region, close to the frontlines of Putin's on-going war in Ukraine which Russia invaded in February 2022.

He also said the UAV may never be recovered from the crash site, admitting that the Reaper wreckage is still in the Black Sea, adding that US officials have told Moscow to be more careful when flying in international air space around American assets.

Just another reason there should have been a pilot in that plane. The Russian's got a free shot because it was unmanned.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Also, do those drones not have some type of self-destruct?
No they don't. That's just for the movies.

The "International Waters" comments are entertaining...apparently no thought is given that one set of "waters" is Russian and the other set is Ukrainian, both of whom are at war.
The bigger question should be asked is WTF was a Reaper doing in that airspace? Anyone know how big a Reaper is?

The story by the admin assumes that most Americans are stupid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom