US Special Forces Attacked CIA Server Farm In Germany In Server Seizure Operation, 5 Soldiers Killed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KS is pretty much Dem run, I'm guessing MS isn't?

nope. Iirc, every state office is republican now, as are both senate seats and most of congress. We have one (or maybe a few) dems in Congress but mostly that is because the delta is heavily black and are majority-minority areas. We’ve even had super majorities in our republican legislature in recent years.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, now Trump is seeking to intervene in the Texas case. Of course, there are claims of fraud and even some suggestions Covid was a pretext to harming his re-election.

In the filing to the SCOTUS, he goes so far as to say ‘no candidate in history’ has won Ohio and Florida but lost the election. But, that isn’t true. Nixon won both but still lost to JFK.

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What can we do to try to help get Oklahoma in? This affects our president we elected too. I would think the more states that pile on the more attention it might get that none of us US citizens want to put up with fraud stuff and not having fair elections anywhere.

Last edited:

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What can we do to try to help get Oklahoma in? This affects our president we elected too. I would think the more states that pile on the more attention it might get that none of us US citizens want to put up with fraud stuff and not having fair elections anywhere.
Petition Attorney General Mike Hunter. Flood him with e-mails and phone calls to his office.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't know if more states joining in will really do much. They can certainly file 'friend of the court' briefs and weigh in, but the issue will still come down the merits of the case that texas has filed. More states might help sway the justices to hear it, or it could push them away (the court doesn't always want to get into political matters, historically). Either way, i'm guessing those 9 people have a good idea of what is going on in the country and what people view as being at stake.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't want to tell my grandchildren that Oklahoma was the last state to get in on a publicity stunt. So thank you, Mike Hunter. You got us in under the wire.

Edit: It should be noted that Mike Hunter isn't even under criminal indictment the way Paxton is. He doesn't have another indictment for bribery still impending the way Paxton does. He has no reason to prostrate himself before the President. His interests here are selfless. Good on him. Fare Forward Mike Hunter.

Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if more states joining in will really do much. They can certainly file 'friend of the court' briefs and weigh in, but the issue will still come down the merits of the case that texas has filed. More states might help sway the justices to hear it, or it could push them away (the court doesn't always want to get into political matters, historically). Either way, i'm guessing those 9 people have a good idea of what is going on in the country and what people view as being at stake.

I would hope the SCOTUS would look at this as some states and their citizens would like to chizzle their way back into following the Constitution rather than letting pieces of it keep sliding off into the ocean.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would hope the SCOTUS would look at this as some states and their citizens would like to chizzle their way back into following the Constitution rather than letting pieces of it keep sliding off into the ocean.

respectfully, that would be a pretty biased position for the court to start from. While it may be true, the court is there to evaluate the merit of the suit. At this early stage, it might not necessarily say if the four defendant states actually did something wrong. The court could still hear the case and rule against Texas/trump or sidestep the issue entirely. It will still be bound by the merits of the case presented to it, which is why Texas is challenging the constitutionality and not the issue of fraud.

some people are suggesting that trumps move to intervene could undermine the Texas suit because it’d show that there are other plaintiffs who have clear paths to the court and that the issue isn’t a matter of original jurisdiction (ie could trump appealing cases in PA raise the same legal question that the Texas suit does, and if so, why would the SCOTUS bypass the lower courts by granting the leave to file). It could give the court the cover it needs to avoid the issue.

and while some folks might disagree with this wording, the SCOTUS is likely also weighing the ramifications of granting this case against the bigger picture. Would it want to open itself to the idea that one state could sue to invalidate an election in another state because of the perceived consequences? Would Oklahoma gun laws now be subject to suit from Washington DC, Illinois or New York? Or Texas’ oil and gas policies subject to suit from California ? Or how about how a republican state legislature redraws districts? Could california sue to stop the redistricting because it claims that it disenfranchised blacks and would impact the makeup of Congress?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom