US Supreme court Unanimous decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It could've easily been expanded to other items, such as drugs.

Another example of how protecting the "other guys'" freedom is essential to gun owners freedom. I'm still amazed at how many gun owners don't recognize that liberty is liberty, and we need to safeguard it regardless of our opinions on the choices others make.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another example of how protecting the "other guys'" freedom is essential to gun owners freedom. I'm still amazed at how many gun owners don't recognize that liberty is liberty, and we need to safeguard it regardless of our opinions on the choices others make.
Good point! I’ve noticed myself realizing that over the last couple years.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It appears to me that this was a search and seizure issue as opposed to a 2A issue.

It was a step over the line of the Fourth Amendment squarely upon the Second Amendment, and in my view I see it as a violation of the Fifth Amendment's due process requirement. Step on one article in what we call the Bill of Rights and it is likely to involve violation of other articles as well. Our rights are intertwined, our Founding Fathers knew this and encoded those rights in that fashion.

Woody

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a step over the line of the Fourth Amendment squarely upon the Second Amendment, and in my view I see it as a violation of the Fifth Amendment's due process requirement. Step on one article in what we call the Bill of Rights and it is likely to involve violation of other articles as well. Our rights are intertwined, our Founding Fathers knew this and encoded those rights in that fashion.

Woody

It's a quadruple threat in that it violates the 2nd, 4th, 5th and 14th Amendments. They'd have to try VERY hard to violate more of the BoR in one act. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom