USA Today - 9/11 edition - Nothing can unite us now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My personal opinion is that we’re done as a major world power. I’m not a bible scholar, but I’ve sat through enough sermons on Revelation to know that America isn’t even mentioned in end times events.

Maybe the book of Revelation isn't about "end times?"

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"War is when your government tells you who the enemy is. A revolution is when you figure it out yourself." --Unknown

"A great civilization is not conquered from without, until it has destroyed itself from within. The essential causes of Rome's decline lay in her people, her morals, her class struggle, her failing trade, her bureaucratic despotism, her stifling taxes, her consuming wars." Will Durant

"The Islamic conquest of India is probably the bloodiest story in history. It is a discouraging tale, for its evident moral is that civilization is a precious good, whose delicate complex of order and freedom, culture and peace, can at any moment be overthrown by barbarians invading from without or multiplying within. " ~ Will Durant

"So I should say that civilizations begin with religion and stoicism: they end with skepticism and unbelief, and the undisciplined pursuit of individual pleasure. A civilization is born stoic and dies epicurean." ~ Will Durant

"History is always repeating itself, but each time the price goes up." ~ Will Durant

"In progressive societies the concentration [of wealth] may reach a point where the strength of number in the many poor rivals the strength of ability in the few rich; then the unstable equilibrium generates a critical situation, which history has diversely met by legislation redistributing wealth or by revolution distributing poverty." ~ Will Durant

"The only real revolution is in the enlightenment of the mind and the improvement of character, the only real emancipation is individual, and the only real revolutionists are philosophers and saints." ~ Will Durant

"Freedom and equality are natural born enemies." ~ Will Durant
Thank you for that, it’s been too long since I cracked open the story of civilization.

Latest posts

Top Bottom