USCCA Defensive Shooting Fundamentals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your opinion of this course?

• Have taken and would recommend

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Have taken and would not recommend

• Have not taken, but have heard good things

• Total voters

shahoai

New to the site!
Reaction score
Looking to do some more handgun training and came across this class:
https://training.usconcealedcarry.c...amentals/39cba610-e8b4-11eb-9b33-0242ac120003

The description of the course seems to be a little filled with buzzwords ("Fundamentals Level 1 will help you hone the edge on your inner warrior expert"). But they do list "you will learn proper presentation from holster, the difference between marksmanship and defensive shooting skills, the balance between speed and precision, and how to incorporate movement and other skills into your defensive mindset and shooting experience." which seems to overlap with the courses I've taken from pistolskills.com.

It also seems somewhat expensive while also requiring you to purchase an eBook to read I'm assuming before attendance, but maybe I'm a cheapskate.

For a bit of background into my experience, I've taken pistol 2-4 multiple times from https://pistolskills.com/ back when they were teaching at H&H and I used to regularly shoot the local practical pistol matches down at TriCity.

So not sure if this is a good class for me or if I should be looking to spend my money elsewhere. What are the community's thoughts?

1stPersonSafety

Marksman
Reaction score
I'm not casting stones, just pointing out, that Rob Pincus was involved in the USCCA curriculum development, but I don't know how truly deep his influence goes. If you agree with his philosophies, you may find value in the training. If you don't, you likely won't.

People like Will Andrews and Spencer Keepers have enough knowledge to actually develop their own programs rather than use a cookie-cutter program. Also, Bill Armstrong has a good lineup of folks coming through Meadhall out in McCloud.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it's the equivalent of Pistol 1-3 that Wilshire offers. The cost of all three classes would be $250, so it's not much different than the USCCA one with the book. I'm a USCCA member, but haven't taken any of their courses yet, just Wilshire's pistol 1.

Latest posts

Top Bottom