Used Honda Accord opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at a couple Honda Accords for daily/work fuel savings. One is a 99' LX and the other is a 00' EX, does anyone have any experience with these cars? Good or bad?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they are basically good cars like all Hondas. They do seem to have more transmission problems than you would think a Honda would have. The Camry is more bland but I think it's more reliable. Just opinions.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking about this too but not a Honda, a VW turbo diesel. These get north of 40 mpg (45ish?) and run forever. Safest car to drive also with a full 5 star crash rating.
http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/ctd/5410404121.html

Though the vast majority of people would know this already, and I don't mean to insult your intelligence by pointing this out, but that link says the car is RWD when it, in fact, is FWD.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Though the vast majority of people would know this already, and I don't mean to insult your intelligence by pointing this out, but that link says the car is RWD when it, in fact, is FWD.
The link was more for the pic, there are always mistakes in CL adds but thanks for pointing that out. I never saw it.

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also found an 04' Altima with less miles than the Hondas and about the same price range.

I'm looking for something around $3000 or less, this will also probably be my daughters first vehicle in a 2 or 3 years.

charlster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't really go wrong with a Honda but accords (and any of their V6 model vehicles) seems to have troubles with auto transmissions. I've heard of some that were cause by lack of maintenance while I've heard some just dump out even with maintenance. Like any other vehicle, it's pretty much just the luck of the draw. Everyone has their own problems.

XDTime

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at a couple Honda Accords for daily/work fuel savings. One is a 99' LX and the other is a 00' EX, does anyone have any experience with these cars? Good or bad?

Bought a 99 Accord EX - V6 10 years ago with 99K. Have replaced battery twice, tires twice, and brakes once...have 206K and still gets 22/31.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We are on our third. 92 accord for 11 years, replaced the master cylinder.
96 accord that we ought in 07 with 60k on it. Wife drove it for 5 years and not daughter has had it for 4. Water pump about 2 years ago.
Now have an 04 pilot that we have done nothing to.
I'd say we have gotten many years and miles from our Hondas. We will probably always have one around.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife has a 2004 Accord EX with 83k miles. Bought it new. People can't believe it's 12 yrs old. We do regular maintenance on it. Oil changes, trans fluids,etc.

It has been a great car. Prolly the best car we have owned...wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom