1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Used Honda Accord opinions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff405, Feb 17, 2016.

1. montesa

montesa Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The resale comment is true. The more reliable something is the higher the resale value. All the arguing over brands in the world won't change that fact. If it's not reliable with a few miles, the majority of people won't want it unless they have some sort of irrational brand loyalty.

2. 6shooter

6shooter Sharpshooter

I drive the wife's old 94 Accord, 204K. Been a great car no transmission problems. Did have to change spark plug seals but other than tires, battery and a light bulb every now and then the little car runs great and is better on gas than my truck. She bought a new one back in 2011, one of the power door locks has failed already. Thinking about a new Ford Edge, looking for more room.

3. LightningCrash

LightningCrash Sharpshooter

I had an 02 Accord, had to have the transmission replaced and the timing belt service done (seals and all of that).

4play here has been my go-to mechanic on that stuff. You might talk to him, too.

4. nick.410

nick.410 Sharpshooter

Had one in the past, excellent cars.

5. DanB

DanB Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My mom has a 99 Accord 4cyl. Aside from it having 270+ miles and a little rough around the edges(clear coat, been backed into, hail damage, etc), they haven't had any trouble with it. Regular maintenance since she bought it new. My step dad still drives it all over the state without issue.

6. Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox Sharpshooter

IMHO, Honda is very good, but Toyota is a bit better.

Right now, I've got two Toyos and two Fords in the driveway (don't ask me how or why I ended up with two Fords...for the love of Christ, please don't ask me).

The only problem I've had with Honda is when they break, which is rare, nobody can fix it the first time around. When a Toyota breaks (even more rare), it's a one stop fix.

7. Jeff405

Jeff405 Sharpshooter

I ended up getting an 02' Camry with 150k on it. Got it monday so haven't drove it much, just trying to clean it up and check all the fluids and tires. I'm gonna change the oil this weekend and prob start driving it full time next week. Seems good to go though, no unusual rattles, loose suspension, or anything like that.

8. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Good choice

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

9. swampratt

swampratt Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I change the timing belt on my Toyota and Fords at 60,000 miles. The 1.8 toyota engine is a great one and sometime around 2002 they went with a chain instead of belt.. Do not get me lying when they changed it over though.
    Our 95 corolla has 281,000 on it ..But I put way more parts on that car than any car I ever owned.

Things most would call maintenance items. 2 sets of struts. 4 cv axles 1 starter 1 alternator 3 ac compressors. fuel pump .. fuel regulator. engine mounts.
    Radiator. My little 4 cylinder fords usually get an alternator in 200,000 miles.

I will say the engine and transmission run like new in that corolla.. uses the same amount of oil between oil changes 1/2 a quart.. book states it will use 1/2 quart every 3000 miles.. change oil at 3000 miles.

What engine does the camry have in it? Jeff405

10. nofearfactor

nofearfactor Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I bought my ex-wife a nearly new 98' Accord per our divorce agreement in 00' and even tho she now has a new Camry she still has the car, it has over 300k on it half of them highway miles from going back and forth from Iowa to CA to our other shop and to where shes from in San Diego. It has been super reliable and economical to own as far as I know. Our daughter started driving it when she got her license at 16, she has a newer Accord now, but she used to drive down here from Des Moines on weekends with no troubles at all. They must be some decent cars because her mom is German and she is super cheap.