• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Used John Boat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
war eagle resorts has aluminum canoes for sale. 18 footers, some in decent condition. I think I paid 150 for mine, they have an entire field of them. had to braze a small hairline crack in mine above the water line, no big deal. Mine is an Osagian. Give them a call, I’m sure they have some left.

War Eagle Resort
(918) 456-6272
https://goo.gl/maps/nLyUgbVU8dbgWKUo8

View attachment 199834 View attachment 199835 View attachment 199836
That is so cool that you responded. Great deal as well. Got to tell this story on myself. Back when mens and coed softball was huge in Oklahoma, my friends and I had a very good team we would play tourneys every weekend. We were in a tourney in the Tahlequah area and had bye's after an early game so we decided to do a canoe run down the Illinois' river. Back then we drank a ton of beer so besides every canoe being loaded with ice chest full of beers (a LOT of beer...ha). We decided that a great idea was to give the drunkest first baseman in the state the responsibility to keep everyone's keys and billfolds so they wouldn't get lost if we turn one of the boats over. We gave him a water tight container made for it as is the float and rope that went with it. Did I mention he was the drunkest first baseman in the state? Oh well. Sure enough he flips after about a mile and the river was up. Seems he decided the chance for a talented and skillful player like him would never turn over his canoe and a bit of water wouldn't hurt the keys or billfolds, but would ruin his expensive cigars so he pot those in the water tight case with the rope that attaches to the canoe.
We were able to get the billfolds as most didn't sink but the keys were a different deal. We got most back but some are still in the river.....ha.

Latest posts

Top Bottom