1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

USGS Announces Its Largest Oil And Gas Discovery Ever In The States

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by _CY_, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Larry Morgan

Larry Morgan Sharpshooter

Yeah, that is an unfortunate side effect.. Personally I'm a fan of desert based heliostats, but those have even more challenges. The picture is from Midland/Oddessa area. There isn't much out there besides an almost desert mountainous landscape, oil wells, and wind farms.

2. Nraman

Nraman Sharpshooter

Nothing but a feel good thing.
    Wind and solar are intermittent and need a stable base no matter what, it's ridiculous, wasting money for things that don't work.
    The other one is the ethanol. Billions of borrowed money to subsidize the corn, higher prices for the consumer, lots of corporate welfare, the taxpayer loses again.

3. Shadowrider

Shadowrider Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    They ain't so hot either (pun intended)!

http://www.pe.com/articles/plant-783703-gas-energy.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    No kidding. I hadn't been on Mt. Scott since the mid 1990s when the view was great, but I went back about five years ago. I was appalled by the changes in the view since my previous visit.

5. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Or more precisely, they'll be abandoned and the taxpayers will have to find a cleanup at some point in the future.

6. SlugSlinger

SlugSlinger Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    OKLAHOMA CITY — An Oklahoma tax credit that saves the wind industry millions of dollars yearly is overly generous and should be curtailed sooner than planned, according to a consultant’s report that was considered by a state committee Friday.

The consultant, Public Financial Management, made recommendations on a series of tax-incentive programs as required under a law enacted last year.

Oklahoma provides about $1 billion in business tax breaks yearly at a time when it has been facing huge shortfalls in revenue needed to provide core public services such as education, health and public safety.

Many lawmakers say it’s time to determine whether these business incentives are providing adequate return on investment and whether some should be cut.

Click here to link to the article on NewsOK. Some stories require an Oklahoman subscription to read.

http://m.tulsaworld.com/news/govern...1bb-84ca-55f6-bd7e-6a8684b3a5e0.html?mode=jqm

7. Larry Morgan

Larry Morgan Sharpshooter

Hahah, sounds about right. They are a very cool and interesting concept, but that one especially has been plagued with problems. Earlier this year someone misaligned all the mirrors at one tower and started an electrical fire. :nono2:

Shadowrider likes this.