USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have two different delivery folx.

Our regular guy is like a Swiss Watch. Don’t know how many times I thought it was about time to go check and he would be rolling down the road to my mailbox.

The other igit is all over the place including just not delivering a large part of her load or just sticking stuff in wrong boxes. No unusual for it to be after 8:00 P.M.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mailed some Christmas gifts, first class, to some family in Little Ferry New Jersey a few years ago.

The gifts included a very nice Benchmade knife that was snuggly packed in the middle of other gifts in a very well packaged and sealed box.

They received the package, but the knife was gone. Someone at the Little Ferry post office opened the box, dug down to the middle of packing and stole the knife then delivered the package and didn’t reseal the box.

Family said there was a history of thievery at that post office.

I shipped a replacement knife ups and didn’t have an issue with receipt.

Most of humanity sucks.

It is New Jersey. Right up there with Chicago.

When mailing / shipping, expect problems and be elated when it arrives on-time and intact.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mailed a couple of Xmas cards to my granddaughters on December 8th with gift cards inside (yeah, I know, I f'd up). Mail chick with braided pony tail picked them out of the mailbox about 3:50 PM according to my video. Cards never made it to the destination in KY so I can only assume someone at USPS is a thief. Surprise, surprise.
I get so tired of hearing this pure bulls*it. Sure, accuse the USPS worker. We have a section in the plant called 030. It's where we have to manually process mail that is non-machinable. Flexibility is an issue so if something in the mailpiece makes it rigid we can't run it through the machine. I can't tell you how many pieces we've processed that don't have return addresses on them. So if the mail comes back as undeliverable because of an addressing issue or for any of the other return to sender reasons it goes to the dead mail bin. If it contains money, gift cards, or anything else of monetary or personal value the folks in Atlanta will deal with it. None of use to lose our jobs and become felons for a buck or two.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No one will care.
Are you sure it went to West Palm? Or are you trusting the Informed Delivery information? I had a similar issue. My Zip is 73010. The carrier for whatever reason mis entered the zip on the parcel and it showed up in New Orleans. It was still delivered to me so sometimes simple human error is involved.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really need to look into a postal job in the little community where I get mail. They don’t open until 8:30, close for lunch at 11:30, and close for the day at 4:00pm. WTH?!?:scratch:
Part time, flexible clerks work those substations. They may work split shifts and average 30 hours per week.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Screenshot (12).png

Cannot do anything but shake your head.... I get mistakes , but the mistakes are getting to be way more prevalent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom