USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I waited on a certified letter with a vehicle title(not my idea and I fought with her about mailing it, I was more than happy to make the 8hr round trip to pick it up) for almost 2 weeks. Even tracking it to the post office where it said it had been delivered and they couldn't find it, once again they said it must be at my local post office, local post office says it's at the Enid post office lol. Finally after several days I found an employee who'd not helped me on the previous days, she went back and looked said it was laying right on the top of pile.
Have you by chance seen my renewal sticker for my tag? I should have gotten it about a year ago, and I'm starting to think someone else is driving around on my dime. Just thought I'd check.

red dirt shootist

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't, might go look at the post office again lol.
These rural carriers have their own brand of humor. Our little gal, well she's only little if you compare her to a buffalo, drives something that's been sideswiped clean on both sides, I can understand the passenger side, but the driver side? Anyway she pulls up and reaches behind her without looking, grabs a handful of mail and just crams it into the box, then she looks at me with a "you wanna piece of me b**ch" look on her face. She would like to give me the finger, but one day she saw me cleaning a shotgun on the porch, which was a pre-planned proactive move on my part, and she's not sure she could take me and a couple blasts from the 870. If she gets liquored up more than usual one day we may find out.

Kandyman

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had 3 pieces of mail lost in a 6 month period, all had checks inside. This is about a 15% error rate, for I do not send much mail. I've also had packages from online orders routed past/beyond my area, then back, delaying receipt by a day or two. The USPS does process a very high volume of packages and mail (at a reasonable cost), but it is frustrating when things get lost or delayed and you have no recourse.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the '70's, we lived for a while in Amarillo when I was driving semi-trucks and trailers. We were getting milk delivered to the house from Bordens. One day, we get a notice that they hadn't received the latest payment for the milk. To cover all the bases, I went to the post office to see if the payment might have been pigeon-holed. They couldn't find any sign of it. So, with plans to cancel payment on the check and write another, I went out the door to go home.

As I stepped our and looked up, I could see Borden's facilities from the front of the post office.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Me too, me too. When I was 6 the mail man touched me and it felt so good I decided I wanted to work there. 😂 Now they pay me almost 6 figures a year just to sit around and read BS posts on OSA. I think they are still hiring but it may be too late for some of you old fat guys. 😜

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It doesn't get any better...and the package originated in OKC on the 10th (the day I placed the order), not Kansas City. I have no idea why the discrepancy in the tracking info. The first is from my "Orders" screen on Amazon, the other is from the USPS. On the bright side, I can't blame this one on the Ada PO.

Tracking.jpg

Tracking B.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom