USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since we’re ranting about the USPS, I had a small package that showed delivered on May 11, but it wasn’t at my house. The USPS supposedly knows where it was really delivered by some kind of geotracker in their scanner, but they still haven’t got the package to me. :censored:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My street numbers are 8373. Was walking down to shut the gate yesterday evening and a guy pulls into the drive. Introduces himself, says he has a package he thinks is for me. He says he gets my mail all the time. His street numbers are 8737. He also said he usually just puts it back in the mail for redelivery. Also said he got a note from the carrier one day asking about a package misdelivered there. He said he never got a package.

Apparently he got a piece of mail for someone else not long ago and wrote "Wrong address" on the envelope. Our CHAZ reject looking carrier apparently chewed his ass for writing on the envelope and told him not to do that in the future. Pretty sure I would've told him to go f*** himself and stop delivering mail for others to my house and I'll stop writing on the envelopes.

Neighbor said he's lived here for years and this has been going on as long as he's been here.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe you and I should combine our super powers and come up with another option for the masses :) :)

Anyone know what the postal service is like in other countries? Are they private, or gov operated? Is it efficient and trustworthy?
It sucks even worse if thats possible. NZ, AU, GB, all charge about 30 bucks to mail a matchbox car internationally.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since Friday 3/17/2023, I have not received my mail for my business post office box. Nobody is receiving their mail because the mail isn’t making it to the post office. For the last umpteen years, the mail has been delivered by contract drivers. It was delivered from Oklahoma City to Lawton by a contractor, and it would then be sorted and delivered to the different rural community post offices in the area. According to the lady that works at my post office (Medicine Park), USPS ended the contract delivery last Friday, and it is now supposed to be delivered by USPS drivers. On Monday, she said that the mail hadn’t been delivered because the driver couldn’t find the post office. Seriously, the USPS can’t find a United States Post Office. Yesterday, I spoke with her again, and she said it is now some sort of problem related to the bar codes. The postal service has been around for over 200 years, and they can’t find a post office! If and when the mail is delivered, the poor lady at my post office is going to be tasked with sorting out mail for the last several days. On a personal note, I’m waiting on several checks, and I have to take the customer’s word that “the check is in the mail”. Rant over
Retired postal worker here. Don't have enough time to even outline all the **** wrong with the USPS. Retired first day humanly possible. Biggest problem currently is freakin AMAZON. I went from 5 or 10 large parcels that won't fit in the mailbox to about 150. Never once got help but was expected back same time as when I had 5 packages. High school drop outs and total a-holes are usually put in management, although on rare occasions Ive met adequate ones, but its a rarity. You have morons that have never touched a piece of mail making policy for the entire country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom