USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since Friday 3/17/2023, I have not received my mail for my business post office box. Nobody is receiving their mail because the mail isn’t making it to the post office. For the last umpteen years, the mail has been delivered by contract drivers. It was delivered from Oklahoma City to Lawton by a contractor, and it would then be sorted and delivered to the different rural community post offices in the area. According to the lady that works at my post office (Medicine Park), USPS ended the contract delivery last Friday, and it is now supposed to be delivered by USPS drivers. On Monday, she said that the mail hadn’t been delivered because the driver couldn’t find the post office. Seriously, the USPS can’t find a United States Post Office. Yesterday, I spoke with her again, and she said it is now some sort of problem related to the bar codes. The postal service has been around for over 200 years, and they can’t find a post office! If and when the mail is delivered, the poor lady at my post office is going to be tasked with sorting out mail for the last several days. On a personal note, I’m waiting on several checks, and I have to take the customer’s word that “the check is in the mail”. Rant over

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I could make a new thread just about everyday about the USPS.

No mail for 2 or 3 days and then so much mail it hardly fits in the box?
Won't get the door shut, 40mph winds, get to pick up mail in the ditch and hope I find it all.
Hit's mailbox with the drivers mirror and snaps off the latch
At least once a week we get someone else's mail and it's not like it's the same address different road, we're talking miles away.
Don't receive an expected delivery, check the delivery status on line, it says delivered two days ago. Check with the local post office, they say it's probably at the Enid post office, go to the Enid post office, they say it's not here check with you're local post office...........it turns up in our mailbox usually within a day or two afterwards, but not always, usually just goes MIA forever.

I won't even listen to someone try to defend them or make excuses, it's been like this since 2005 when moved to our current location, and that's been several rural carriers and post office employees over the years, not just the same lazy ones that never leave.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to their website if you dont get the mail when it says your suppose to you have to wait 10 days before reporting it as missing, I have a problem with this cause if your expecting something important that is time sensitive or a check then if it is stolen it would be to late to do anything about it if you wait 10 days. But then like they say If you want something screwed up then let the .gov take charge of it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
According to their website if you dont get the mail when it says your suppose to you have to wait 10 days before reporting it as missing, I have a problem with this cause if your expecting something important that is time sensitive or a check then if it is stolen it would be to late to do anything about it if you wait 10 days. But then like they say If you want something screwed up then let the .gov take charge of it.
Yes I waited on a certified letter with a vehicle title(not my idea and I fought with her about mailing it, I was more than happy to make the 8hr round trip to pick it up) for almost 2 weeks. Even tracking it to the post office where it said it had been delivered and they couldn't find it, once again they said it must be at my local post office, local post office says it's at the Enid post office lol. Finally after several days I found an employee who'd not helped me on the previous days, she went back and looked said it was laying right on the top of pile.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Your goobermint employees in action.

Just boycott the USPS and go to the competition!

Oh, wait, there is no competition.
Maybe you and I should combine our super powers and come up with another option for the masses :) :)

Anyone know what the postal service is like in other countries? Are they private, or gov operated? Is it efficient and trustworthy?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
lol have fun with that. you know he just going to blame trump or something else not the po.
I have a feeling pstmstr did a fine job, I'm not saying that every USPS employee lacks in motivation and/or abilities, but I'm struggling to find any my area to do. As everyone knows a few bad ones ruins the rep of the rest of the good ones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom