USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't count how many times our neighbors and I have exchanged mail that has been delivered to the wrong house in spite of the addresses being clearly marked on the mailbox and the house. The PO Box we had a few years ago, at the Post Office, was even worse, much of that mail was lost never to be found again.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a feeling pstmstr did a fine job, I'm not saying that every USPS employee lacks in motivation and/or abilities, but I'm struggling to find any my area to do. As everyone knows a few bad ones ruins the rep of the rest of the good ones.

I took a fairly valuable item to the Bethany PO to mail overnight. The Postmaster was the person helping me. He asked me if the item was irreplaceable. It was. He gave it back to me and suggested I use another carrier. His last sentence to me was "I'd hate for you to lose this and have no recourse." I really appreciated his candor. He didn't have to say anything to me -- could have taken my package and my money and said nothing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I’m against the flow in this thread.
Years ago we signed up with USPS to get Informed Delivery. They take a pic of every piece of mail out for delivery except junk mail and magazines and email it to us in the morning. Packages out for delivery get a separate listing in the same email.
Our rural carrier is the same one we’ve had for around 10 years. We are at the end of her route so we don’t get our mail until 4:30 or 5:00.
Personally, I think the rural carrier is responsible for the service they deliver. Ours is a good one.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nah, I’m retired and my last decent contact retired last month too. If it was up to me there wouldn’t be a post office in small towns like Medicine Park. I’m hoping Trump gets elected and brings me back as PMG. I’ve got some great ideas.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess I’m against the flow in this thread.
Years ago we signed up with USPS to get Informed Delivery. They take a pic of every piece of mail out for delivery except junk mail and magazines and email it to us in the morning. Packages out for delivery get a separate listing in the same email.
Our rural carrier is the same one we’ve had for around 10 years. We are at the end of her route so we don’t get our mail until 4:30 or 5:00.
Personally, I think the rural carrier is responsible for the service they deliver. Ours is a good one.
I agree with Dennis on this one. I had constant issues with USPS when I lived in Blanchard. I moved to Newcastle 11 years ago and since then I haven't had any issues with USPS (FedEx is another matter entirely). I'm on a first name basis with my route driver as well as both people who work in the PO building. I ship & receive quite a few packages and have always had great results. I think most of it comes down to the people working at the local level. Mine in Newcastle are great.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
If you’ve never carried a satchel on your back or delivered a rural route you’re just another uninformed member of the OSA USPS me too movement. Great news though, I heard they’re hiring. I can’t imagine managing in the current work environment but I’m sure one of you guys could step up and get it done.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to get a video of the Sunday delivery postman. That guys is awesome! He looks about 40ish. He drives the mini delivery trucks and I’m not sure how he keeps it on 4 wheels. He hauls butt between stops. He pulled in my driveway and did a u turn within inches of my shop. All while puffing on his cigar. I actually was able to reach the delivery from my door threshold. Kudos to this badass postman!

Latest posts

Top Bottom