USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have to say, since I’ve been back in Oklahoma the mail service has been good. I was telling the truth about junk mail though, but that’s everywhere. I do think we need to stop mail service as we know it. Almost everyone has the internet now days. People need to learn how to go paperless. Also we have UPS and FedEx to deliver packages. The one thing I do like about USPS is that they have something called “informed delivery”. To use it you just have to go to the USPS website and it’ll let you do a lot of things. With informed delivery they show you what you’re going to get in the mail before they deliver it. They actually scan every letter so you know what’s going to be in your mail. I like it because if I know I have something important coming I can watch for the mail person and go get my mail right away.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We are the government, and we are here to help you.
That line has been updated recently to better reflect the nation’s desire for inclusion. Many don’t know this. Here is a screenshot I took.

04D78371-1BF6-43A8-8E64-DD7B4C837A3A.jpeg

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Final update…hopefully. I was planning on calling the phone number provided by @pstmstr around 9:00 this morning, but my local post office called me around 8:30. She informed me that the mail was finally delivered, and she asked if I could wait until this afternoon before heading that way because she had a lot of mail to get sorted. It was one full week without any mail delivery, but I’m glad that it has been resolved. Hopefully, it is a long term fix to whatever caused the problem.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've bit my tongue until now but I have to shut this bullsh*t down right now. Tell me which plant you work in? How do you come by your sage wisdom? I am a career mail processing clerk on tour 3 at the OKC P&DC. All of the clerks on my tour, both career and casual work our butts off 8-10 hours a day. There are no 10% performers. I ran over 80k pieces last night for Altus and Warr Acres/Hefner. Then I go to Express Mail for up to 90 minutes and help make sure we get all of our delivery commitments met. No, what's sad is people offering up opinions not based in reality. /rant mode off
I worked in the Yukon post office. 2 weeks and I left. My experience is based off the RCA academy and working there. Dumbest job I have ever had.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know. My last good contact that gave a crap about trying to resolve some of the problems I’ve sent her before from this forum. And I do still know a few postmasters around the state, but many of them are retiring as well. Hard to believe I’ve been gone for 12 years. Several people complaining about the Postal Service on this forum either work at or retired from Tinker Air Force Base, the biggest waste of federal tax money known to man. I know, I worked there a couple of months before the Postal Service. Most postal employees do more work in their first four hours than most Timker employees do in 40. 😂
So if an employee left the Post Office and got hired at Tinker, would it raise the productivity level at both places?
Ha Ha.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most postal employees do more work in their first four hours than most Timker employees do in 40. 😂
Not in my experience. Same lazy government employee attitude on both ends. At least Tinker employees get their job done. I get mail delivered by other people in my neighborhood weekly due to incorrect delivery and I drop off incorrectly delivered mail to the correct address at least twice a month minimum. USPS is a complete failure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom