USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Signed up for “informed delivery “ about a month ago. Email comes on days when they have mail to deliver. Mine says”coming soon “ then shows a picture of the mail to be delivered. So far I have received the mail shown in the email on the same day. We’re 3/4 of a mile from the mailbox so now we don’t have to go there every day. Just hope it lasts. Our mail comes from Allen.

MikePAC

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if it's a rural vs urban thing. I've overall had really good USPS service in Moore. You can do most things online or at the self service kiosk, but even when I need help at the counter they seem to be helpful.
Nope. We have issues in Edmond. Open envelopes. Anything resembling a birthday card(colored envelope) has been cut or torn looking for cash.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Nope. We have issues in Edmond. Open envelopes. Anything resembling a birthday card(colored envelope) has been cut or torn looking for cash.
Every time or once or twice? I hope you reported it. I’m not sure about now but used to be the postal inspectors would bait envelopes that looked like greeting cards with cash and try to catch thieving employees. Nowadays they probably watch diversity videos all day.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ada post office strikes again.

Expecting a winch to be delivered. Get the notification it was delivered at my front porch/front door. Well then a ninja must be filling in for my regular useless carrier because I didn't hear him, I didn't see him, and the Corgis who can hear a flea fart from a half mile away, didn't hear him.

Nope... So much for the ninja theory because there's no package on the porch or by the door. There's no package at the mailbox. Shocker.

So now I get to go thru the brain damage of calling the support line and having some polite person tell me the tracking number shows the package was delivered to the front porch/front door. No s**t. I know that. But it wasn't my front porch/front door. So then I get a case number. The polite person asks for my email address, verifies the email address and says she's sent me an email with my case number.

Oh, look. A half hour later there's no email, either. Must've been delivered to the same person my package was. Not in my Inbox, Spam, Promotions, etc. It's just not there. They can't even deliver a f**king email message.

Luckily I wrote it down. Now I get to wait for someone from the Ada post office to call me and tell me they're looking for the package. I bet if they put me and the carrier who delivered it (to wherever he delivered it to) in a room for 5 mins I could find out where he left it.

I hope the person who has my Warn winch enjoys it...courtesy of the "We deliver for you" people. They should change that tag line to: "We deliver for you...we just don't deliver to you."

Worst. Post Office. Ever.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ada post office strikes again.

Expecting a winch to be delivered. Get the notification it was delivered at my front porch/front door. Well then a ninja must be filling in for my regular useless carrier because I didn't hear him, I didn't see him, and the Corgis who can hear a flea fart from a half mile away, didn't hear him.

Nope... So much for the ninja theory because there's no package on the porch or by the door. There's no package at the mailbox. Shocker.

So now I get to go thru the brain damage of calling the support line and having some polite person tell me the tracking number shows the package was delivered to the front porch/front door. No s**t. I know that. But it wasn't my front porch/front door. So then I get a case number. The polite person asks for my email address, verifies the email address and says she's sent me an email with my case number.

Oh, look. A half hour later there's no email, either. Must've been delivered to the same person my package was. Not in my Inbox, Spam, Promotions, etc. It's just not there. They can't even deliver a f**king email message.

Luckily I wrote it down. Now I get to wait for someone from the Ada post office to call me and tell me they're looking for the package. I bet if they put me and the carrier who delivered it (to wherever he delivered it to) in a room for 5 mins I could find out where he left it.

I hope the person who has my Warn winch enjoys it...courtesy of the "We deliver for you" people. They should change that tag line to: "We deliver for you...we just don't deliver to you."

Worst. Post Office. Ever.
so, usps delivers winches???

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. I would expect the rural carrier to deliver your mail, sell stamps, money orders, and accept packages for mailing. I wouldn’t keep tiny post offices open that make less than $50 revenue per day. Oklahoma has 570 post offices with the majority of them generating less than $100 revenue per day. That’s ridiculous.
My useless input, there's a guy on Facebook attempting to visit every single one on his motorcycle.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100028989475479
Screenshot_20230329-173527.png

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two whole weeks? Impressive career. Yukon's mail is run by a husband/wife team who are the happiest and most productive 30+ year vets you'd ever meet.
Give it a try, you won’t brat my time. That place is a complete **** show. Management are kids that have no clue. Postmaster is pretty clueless.

Latest posts

Top Bottom