USPS Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I volunteer at a gun club in Tulsa and am responsible for mailing membership cards, etc. There are 3 areas, Collinsville, Sperry, and Skiatook, where gun club mail goes to disappear. This isn't necessarily a new problem as it was first recognized a few years ago. Recent case in point, a member was mailed a new card about 2 months ago. I didn't show up so two weeks ago another was sent and I asked the member to email me when it arrived. After two weeks he said it still hadn't arrived. So we tried a little experiment. I sent a third packet last Monday but with my name/address as the return address. The member emailed me Thursday that the card arrived but neither of the first two have. Going from never arriving to 3 days. Probably just a coincidence...
It would be interesting if you could put a tracker or air-tag or something along with it to see what is actually going on. You could even make a show about it: To Catch a Lib :pms2:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I volunteer at a gun club in Tulsa and am responsible for mailing membership cards, etc. There are 3 areas, Collinsville, Sperry, and Skiatook, where gun club mail goes to disappear. This isn't necessarily a new problem as it was first recognized a few years ago. Recent case in point, a member was mailed a new card about 2 months ago. I didn't show up so two weeks ago another was sent and I asked the member to email me when it arrived. After two weeks he said it still hadn't arrived. So we tried a little experiment. I sent a third packet last Monday but with my name/address as the return address. The member emailed me Thursday that the card arrived but neither of the first two have. Going from never arriving to 3 days. Probably just a coincidence...
I didn't do the memberships, but we always use PCR&PC as a name on the mail. (Ponca City Rifle & Pistol club). Not aware of any issues getting out membership cards.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve always had really good luck with my local post office, but I was expecting a package today that they show they delivered at 1:29 PM and left in my mailbox, but physically never arrived. It’s a watch that I have sought after for a while and picked up off of eBay last week. I wasn’t sure if today was a holiday for them or not, but USPS shows they worked today. Now comes the fun part of trying to get them to track it down, or trying to get a refund out of the seller. It wasn’t any fault of theirs, but just a crummy situation all around.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Just mark the envelope: Caution contains Ricin.
It sucks when a piece of mail is misdelivered. I wouldn’t recommend this though unless you’d like a knock on the door from Postal Inspectors and the FBI. Neither take jokes very well. Hope the watch shows up, I would joke and say that all packages containing watches or winches have been redirected to my house but I know how frustrating it can be not to get what you ordered.

Latest posts

Top Bottom