USPS, you just have to laugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
131358580_5166451333366825_3273932471083983283_n.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it was my mistake thinking it was sent 2 day priority instead of 3 day first class. Regardless the package hasn't moved for 11 days on a First Class package and 9 days on a Priority package.
This delay of sitting has been after a time frame in which both packages should have been delivered if delayed a few days from their specified date.
I just dont understand how those continue to sit while other stuff is still going through the same facility and arriving here in under half the time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couple of ways. One you order something from a company and choose the cheapest way for them to send it. Often it’s free and then gripe about not getting it in 2 days. The other is a recent example here. You go to the post office with something weighing less than 12 ounces. The clerk asks if you would like to upgrade to Priority Mail and you say no just send it regular first class. Then you complain and even state here you paid to upgrade the service. Not you specifically, just 2 examples. As I showed yesterday, USPS is in a backlogged situation. I never saw that in 32 years running 2 different plants, 5 different post offices, and operations for the entire state. I agree that a person paying the postage should expect it to be delivered on time based on the service commitment of the product purchased. I’m tracking a couple now that haven’t moved for several days. I’m sure COVID absences and record online shipping are tough but it’s still pretty pathetic to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm paying for Amazon Prime and I totally understand what's going on with the overloaded system. All shipping company's experience delays because of the overwhelming shipping load going on at this time of the year. Mistakes are made, packages get on the wrong truck.
I had a UPS driver show up at my door in the mid 90's once at 9pm with a piston for my dirt bike on New Years Eve that was ordered next day air. He was from Lawton and was told by his dispatcher that next day is next day. They lost their butt on that as it got put on the wrong delivery truck/conveyor or what ever.
Shipping during the Christmas season now days with the covid and everyone ordering online is a logistical nightmare for those in the shipping business.
Thanks for helping some out on here. I'm 8 days out on a prime delivery and not complaining because I know its not their fault. Should be here tomorrow.
Hoping after the first of the year all this quiets down and we can get our two day in two days.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I might need to add that I worked for Rocket Freight lines as a delivery driver right after coming out of the Army for a year and a half, so I was in the shipping business and understand how frantic it can be during the holiday seasons. Way back in the 70's though. Nothing like the fiasco going on during this covid thing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been getting some packages on Sunday from the USPS(2). My buddy told me a couple weeks ago that his driveway alarm went off and he saw a white truck coming down the drive. Guy got out delivered two boxes and left.
Evidently that shows the USPS is trying to meet demand.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been getting some packages on Sunday from the USPS(2). My buddy told me a couple weeks ago that his driveway alarm went off and he saw a white truck coming down the drive. Guy got out delivered two boxes and left.
Evidently that shows the USPS is trying to meet demand.

IIRC those are packages handed off to the usps by Fed EX and UPS as well as some Amazon. I had ordered a item off Amazon last year and tracking showed a sunday delivery, I figured it was a auto response date, I see those at work often, nope it came on the sunday Amazon said it would.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC those are packages handed off to the usps by Fed EX and UPS as well as some Amazon. I had ordered a item off Amazon last year and tracking showed a sunday delivery, I figured it was a auto response date, I see those at work often, nope it came on the sunday Amazon said it would.
Yep, they are all working together.
My smaller stuff gets handed off to USPS and still comes in 2 day on normal seasons.
What I'm seeing on some of my shipments is that the sender isn't getting it to the shipper on time. I have some Aluminum bar stock on order with prime and it sat at the shipper for a week.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I chuckle every time I see one of those Amazon Prime Mercedes-Benz Sprinter delivery vans; just wait until Bezos sees his Owning & Operating costs...prices will rise.
Any sort of transport is a mess right now; I've got an 86,000 pound trash compactor stuck at the AR/OK border waiting for OK to issue an oversize load to get to Spencer. Day 2 continues and everybody is loosing money.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I chuckle every time I see one of those Amazon Prime Mercedes-Benz Sprinter delivery vans; just wait until Bezos sees his Owning & Operating costs...prices will rise.
Any sort of transport is a mess right now; I've got an 86,000 pound trash compactor stuck at the AR/OK border waiting for OK to issue an oversize load to get to Spencer. Day 2 continues and everybody is loosing money.
So it's an Oklahoma issue and not the shipping company?

Latest posts

Top Bottom