1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

USPS, you just have to laugh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mouthpiece, Sep 24, 2020.

1. tyromeo55

tyromeo55 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I / we are very lucky to have such great mailmen/ delivery drivers. They are worth their weight in gold.

hardest working delivery driver??? FedEx has this one smaller girl driver. She works her butt off. Outpaces the guys by miles. I told her that if she ever needed a job to ask us first.

When I had my FFL and did the group buy on the gp100 revolvers. The shipper put something like 12 in one flat rate box and maybe a little newspaper around each. By the time they arrived at the office there were barrels poking out of the sides in more then one place. Mailman made sure I got the box in my hands (not that there would of been an issue but he didn’t know that)

Longest delivery.... when I was young (pre-teen) my family took a vacation to Mexico. While there I mailed my granny a postcard and forgot about it... years later (like 4-5) I get a call from her thanking me for it and why we didn’t let her know we were going out of town. It was that card from years earlier. She gave it back to me and I still have the card.

MacFromOK and dennishoddy like this.
  2. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Great story!

3. mouthpiece

mouthpiece Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    98.8%
    L
    Lesson here. Pay off your debt early

4. okierider

okierider Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I have had 1 package take more than a month, 1 still out there since the 5th and 1 disappear completely since October. Most arrive in a timely manner ,I just seem to be having a bad run . Just getting a little tired of the covid excuse, seems Fedex and prime are immune the bug.

5. tRidiot

tRidiot Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Very good point, and I agree completely. I wish we had done so, however, we are down from $750k to under $200k. We are making progress... of course, if we hadn't been paying $150k+ in taxes some of those years it would have been easier.

I think I have 5 1/2 years to go at current rate? Something like that.

And the 20 years includes time in school and residency. Started paying in... I dunno, like 2009 or something.

6. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    A lot of docs and dentists take on a lot of debt to get thru school but then have a great income to pay it off. Dave Ramsey helped me focus on paying off debt. One of the things I’ve heard him say is don’t live like a doc until the debt is gone. Sounds like you’ve made a lot of progress and have it down to a level to really focus on knocking out the rest of it. I’d be pissed too if I were you on the late mail. I was tracking 2 pieces mailed by a forum member on 1-8 and emailed the district manager again this week. She says Tulsa plant has a new acting plant manager and things should be getting better. I offered to come back on contract but she didn’t like my price and she definitely wouldn’t like my management style. I have defended USPS many times but the current levels of service and response to valid complaints is pathetic. Good luck on your student loans and getting better mail service.

7. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    My experience has been that most women make better carriers than men. It’s not about strength, it’s about the mentality of actually serving the customer.

8. pstmstr

pstmstr Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    FedEx has provided decent service to me most of the time but 1 thing they do just bugs me. This item is in OKC but not due to be delivered until Monday. Monday is the busiest delivery day for these companies and cost the most overtime. It seems to me a better option would be to put any Monday committed packages on the truck today that just drove by my house. It would save a few minutes on Monday. It’s not something I need today and it will be on time when it’s delivered Monday. I’ve just always questioned this practice. Maybe they have a better reason than I can come up with. IMG_3151.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. mouthpiece

mouthpiece Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    98.8%
    Seems they're catching up.
    I had one come from Alaska in five days, that's pretty quick.
    In state seems to be 2 days again Like it was before November