USPS, you just have to laugh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I had a very nice conversation with our local postmaster. Very nice guy, very interested, very open. He mentioned one of the mail carriers we had for a while by name. That carrier is no longer employed by USPS. I already knew the story, and he didn't bring it up. He just mentioned that he was still trying to find somebody to permanently fill our route. We have been served by subs or other carriers doubling-up on routes or whatever for some months now. Well, I think he may have recently found a permanent carrier for our route. I've been seeing a young man the last few weeks that I don't recall having seen before. Seems to be doing a good job. At least, so far, I'm happy. I guess I should call the postmaster back and thank him. He was very interested in listening to my complaints/issues and seemed to have all the time in the world to talk with me. Sometimes, good things happen!!!

jway405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And we trust them with delivering the ballots in time.
It's not about the time, since they're postmarked. I don't trust them delivering the ballots. There have been several reports of ballots ending up in trashcans, creeks and rivers. This is probably the most corrupt political era in our country's history.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few weeks ago, I had a very nice conversation with our local postmaster. Very nice guy, very interested, very open. He mentioned one of the mail carriers we had for a while by name. That carrier is no longer employed by USPS. I already knew the story, and he didn't bring it up. He just mentioned that he was still trying to find somebody to permanently fill our route. We have been served by subs or other carriers doubling-up on routes or whatever for some months now. Well, I think he may have recently found a permanent carrier for our route. I've been seeing a young man the last few weeks that I don't recall having seen before. Seems to be doing a good job. At least, so far, I'm happy. I guess I should call the postmaster back and thank him. He was very interested in listening to my complaints/issues and seemed to have all the time in the world to talk with me. Sometimes, good things happen!!!
Our local carrier couldn't be better. She's had the job for a few years (late twenties I'd guess?), and is friendly as a puppy with two tails.

We get a lot of stuff from Amazon. Sometimes I'm slow getting to the door, and she'll be standing there with a smile. I always apologize and she always says, "You're fine." Before I got a hand truck, she'd help get the larger packages inside the house. Now she sets 'em on the truck for me.

A real princess. :thumb:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
It's not about the time, since they're postmarked. I don't trust them delivering the ballots. There have been several reports of ballots ending up in trashcans, creeks and rivers. This is probably the most corrupt political era in our country's history.

No employee that I’ve ever known gives a rat’s ass about who someone votes for. I have had about 4 or 5 employees over the years dumb enough to dump circulars instead of delivering them. All are no longer postal employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our local carrier couldn't be better. She's had the job for a few years (late twenties I'd guess?), and is friendly as a puppy with two tails.

We get a lot of stuff from Amazon. Sometimes I'm slow getting to the door, and she'll be standing there with a smile. I always apologize and she always says, "You're fine." Before I got a hand truck, she'd help get the larger packages inside the house. Now she sets 'em on the truck for me.

A real princess. :thumb:

The carrier we had on this route for over twenty years was like that. I don't know how long he had this route (he had it when we moved in here), but I know he was in his 70's when he retired. I hated to see him go, but there was no one more deserving! We still see him now and then. He has personal friends in the neighborhood, so he stops by to visit.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the first 10 years in my house, Linda was the mail carrier. Since she retired, we get an average of 3 to 4 different carriers each week!! At least a couple times a week, I'll also play 'mail carrier' and deliver the mis-delivered mail in my box.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the first 10 years in my house, Linda was the mail carrier. Since she retired, we get an average of 3 to 4 different carriers each week!! At least a couple times a week, I'll also play 'mail carrier' and deliver the mis-delivered mail in my box.

Sounds very familiar. I've played mail carrier a few times, but not as often as you.

jway405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No employee that I’ve ever known gives a rat’s ass about who someone votes for. I have had about 4 or 5 employees over the years dumb enough to dump circulars instead of delivering them. All are no longer postal employees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I personally know a postal worker who delivered 17 ballots to 1 address, each ballot addressed to a different individual. The postal worker did indeed give a rat's ass, but it was their job to deliver it and they did it.

The corruption is real. People are stealing, harvesting and selling millions and millions of ballots.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I personally know a postal worker who delivered 17 ballots to 1 address, each ballot addressed to a different individual. The postal worker did indeed give a rat's ass, but it was their job to deliver it and they did it.

The corruption is real. People are stealing, harvesting and selling millions and millions of ballots.

Is that USPS fault? The insinuation above blames USPS for ballot issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom