USPSA Oil Capital April 11 Sunday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
April 11th (Sunday) will be the Oil Capital monthly USPSA match. We’ll have 6 stages, one a Classifier, totaling at least 125 rounds for the match. Sign-in at 9:30, walk-thru at 10 AM with set-up commencing at 7:30. Match fee is $15 ($10 for OCR&GC members). Come shoot with us!

Location link http://www.badlandsidpa.com/ See leftside, Badlands driving instructions.

BAPD193

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a great time today. The FGST is a hoot to shoot with. Fun stages, challenging steel and long distance. My only complaint is punctuality with start time. I like to help break down stages but with the late start and a 230 appointment I had to go. Thanks for putting in a good match though.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Had a great time today. The FGST is a hoot to shoot with. Fun stages, challenging steel and long distance. My only complaint is punctuality with start time. I like to help break down stages but with the late start and a 230 appointment I had to go. Thanks for putting in a good match though.

We never have fun. We are hard core gamers looking to win every event..:rotflmao:

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The USPSA event, as well as all the other shooting matches at Oil Capital Rod & Gun Club, is a non-commercial event, operated by volunteers. It is simple pure shooting, for the enjoyment of shooting and good fellowship. We have our day's enjoyment of shooting through the efforts of many good competitors. You are appreciated!

The range is not available for set-up until match day and must be restored as soon as the match concludes its use of each bay.

We could shoot "Simple Simon" dumb stages and always start walk-thru at 10 AM. I think the shooters deserve better stages than that. Sometimes we are still setting stages a few minutes past the 10 AM planned start of walk-thru. Many times we do start walk-thru at our 10 AM target.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Results are out, via BCC email to the competitors. At walk-thru, I mentioned that it might be this morning before I could get to crunching stats; it was. Any competitor who does not receive their email copy, please contact me via a PM.

Thank you all and see you at Oil Capital's next USPSA, Sunday May 9th.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Jack, that was a brutal match but when I crash and burn is when I learn the most.
G

Learning is good, even if it is momentarily tough on the psyche. We become better shooters when challenged a bit; not too much, but still challenged.

It was a "must change tempo", "have I practiced the basics" and "did I sight in my gun" match. The match offered one stage with a quick tempo engagement of close tan guys, like 30 shots in less than 15 sec. for some shooters. Another stage had a bunch of steel, including two Texas Stars, mixed in with tan guys at modest 10-12 yard distances. The two Virginia Count stages were tests of skill. Then there was that 4 Bill Drill Classifier. I don't think anyone remembered shooting it anywhere else.

Different is good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom