uspsa scoring/classification question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikey176293

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't understand the uspsa scoring/ classification.
1) When a uspsa score is sent in; is it the score of just my division or my score percentage of the overall match(all divisions)
2) When I shoot at oil cap(or anywhere else) that shows ur division and an overall match ranking. Is the overall rankings just a ranking of just a guns(division) aside ranking or what?

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. The score that makes a difference is your score for the Classifier. Your total match score, or score for any other stage makes no difference for classification purposes.

2. Oil Capital, as well as most other USPSA venues, sends out both overall results, as well as individual division results. The overall results show ranking within all divisions combined.

3. Scores posted on the USPSA website, for an individual club, will contain results for all the match's stages. Only the Classifier score counts for classification.

4. USPSA will consider a Classifier score for classification only when Mission Count is paid on it by the host club. USPSA only runs Classifier stats once a month, on about the 10th.

G Law

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The only score that gets sent in to USPSA is the score of the one stage that is the classifier stage. The overall match score is your percentage of whoever won the match.

Latest posts

Top Bottom