Uspsa @ Ussa 7/24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Super fun match. I was pretty wiped by the time I got the last stage, though. Lots of good shooters out there. I loved the props...thanks Rob!

Jeff - glad you came out and had fun! I think Rusty and I are shooting steel challenge next Sunday up there, you should tag along.

I am reliving all the silly things I did by watching the videos. Had several unnecessary reloads, bad misses, etc. Really helps you keep inventory on what you need to practice. I think the classifier was the first and only stage I've ever shot where nothing went drastically wrong. I.E.: no misses, botched reloads, or gun failures. I forced myself to go slow on it...
Steel challenge, yes thank you!
I want to shoot my gsg-5 as my second gun. I'm ALOT better with the rifle than the pistol.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well, here's me shooting stage 4 on Saturday.
http://www.youtube.com/user/rustyzx9#p/u/9/EKDmfG55quM
damned last reload...:grumble:

by far my best stage of the match. I had at least one mike in every stage except this one. The steel didn't get me too bad in this one either. 6 targets in 8 rounds. I went through three mags to knock 6 down on another stage.:doh:

That was some great shooting!

It looked like a really fun match!

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was some great shooting!

It looked like a really fun match!

It was a great match, not unusual for the guys that run this one, just effing hot! I was ready to get out of the sun to say the least. Fun stages with high round count, just what every kid wants! Thanks again to the everyone involved with this event!

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
by far my best stage of the match. I had at least one mike in every stage except this one. The steel didn't get me too bad in this one either. 6 targets in 8 rounds. I went through three mags to knock 6 down on another stage.:doh:

That plate rack took me 11 on that stage! Nice job. You seem to do well with steel. I don't even want to talk about the plate rack on Stage 7...

It was a fun match, the high round count was nice. I really loved this stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ5KPurFjoc

My big takeaway is that it's better to start out slower than you want to. I tried to shoot every stage at about 80% speed and get no Mikes (but guess what - I still had a few). So what if you can shoot El Presidente in 5.5 seconds with one miss?

I really liked the way Phillip was shooting. Deliberate & accurate. Unlike me...when that buzzer goes off I have the urge to use all the ammo on my person as fast as absolutely possible. :drunk:

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That plate rack took me 11 on that stage! Nice job. You seem to do well with steel. I don't even want to talk about the plate rack on Stage 7...

It was a fun match, the high round count was nice. I really loved this stage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ5KPurFjoc

My big takeaway is that it's better to start out slower than you want to. I tried to shoot every stage at about 80% speed and get no Mikes (but guess what - I still had a few). So what if you can shoot El Presidente in 5.5 seconds with one miss?

I really liked the way Phillip was shooting. Deliberate & accurate. Unlike me...when that buzzer goes off I have the urge to use all the ammo on my person as fast as absolutely possible. :drunk:

I seem to do the exact same thing; the buzzer sounds and my mind stops working and my trigger finger gets twitchy. I try to overcompensate for transitioning slow by trying to speed up the shots; kills me most of the time.

I went to H&H at lunch to see what the heck I was doing wrong. I tried to see how my sight picture different from POI (cause it seemed to be really bad on some of the steel out there), but no problem. I just rushed it.

I ran 6 mags in a drill at lunch; 1 shot per second, reload and repeat, with the target at 15 yards. 46 A's and 2 C's. Why can't I do that in a match?

I just have to fight the urge to spray and pray.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The way Marshall and Lance taught target transitions at AP1 really helped me drop my splits. They also taught a couple of really cool drills. I'd be more than happy to show you what little I can.

I've concluded that its about really nailing the fundamentals before speeding up. Stage 1 felt like eternity compared to how fast I think I can run it, but when it comes time to score one miss is essentially 3 potential alphas lost (the -10 penalty and the potential hit). There was one stage at SCRAP last week where I miked one 7 yard target like 4 times! :bolt:

Latest posts

Top Bottom