USSA gun range, info needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is the deal? Good to go, or not? I see random posts here and there about how the gun range is going down hill, or current members won't renew until they get new management, etc... I am thinking of getting a membership there soon and any info would be appreciated. Do they offer any kind of discount? The search function pulled up nothing relevant, and most threads are at least a few years old. Post or PM me, thanks.

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No positive comments from me

See what I mean? Everyone on here talks crap about USSA, but they will never elaborate...even when they are asked directly, no pm, absolutely no response, nothing. WELL.... I went last weekend, took the family, and it is awesome out there. The ranges are great, facility is really nice, staff was friendly, we had our own rifle / pistol bay. It was great a time.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
See what I mean? Everyone on here talks crap about USSA, but they will never elaborate...even when they are asked directly, no pm, absolutely no response, nothing. WELL.... I went last weekend, took the family, and it is awesome out there. The ranges are great, facility is really nice, staff was friendly, we had our own rifle / pistol bay. It was great a time.

Its a beautiful facility. Love shooting matches there, but they have gone through some trying times.
What they need to do to get squared away is some community support.
The management of the range has made that difficult in the past, but the new management has got better reviews from shooters recently.
Keep going out there, and encourage other to do so as well, or it will not be available in the future.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The problem is that it's not as nice as it once was. The facility is not maintained at the level that it should be. The less than congenial treatment of members became SOP when L&L purchased the facility and has apprently been carried over by the new owners. As it was explained to me, USPSA, Pro-Am and 3-Gun are no longer holding matches there because of the management.

I was a member for years.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll give you an example. I was there for a match. Showed up that Saturday morning and went to the front door. It was locked. So I then glanced at the sign and my watch. Sign says open at 8. It was 7:55. Ok, so I step back and just stand there messing around on my phone. 8:00 hits and a guy from inside comes and unlocks the door. I step up, pull open the door and before I can get one foot inside, a guy from behind the counter yells gruffly "WE'RE NOT OPEN!!" Uh, okay, sign says 8. It is 8. Other guy just unlocked the door. But apparently I was in the wrong. It's not like I went and cried about it but that's not how you treat people and they won't get my business because of it. That's just one story of many.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd love for some match directors and others who've done business there (or tried to, at least) in the last two years to chime in. Statistically speaking, some are guaranteed to have had good experiences but I seriously doubt that it's been the majority. I've personally been there on at least threee occasions when matches were delayed because the back office didn't have its crap together. It's happened to me personally on two occasions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom