Utah teacher accidently shoots self in leg at school

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/1...oots-self-in-leg-at-school/?intcmp=latestnews
SALT LAKE CITY – Officials say a Utah elementary school teacher has been rushed to the hospital after a concealed firearm she was carrying accidently discharged in a school bathroom and shot her in the leg.

Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley says the teacher was in the faculty restroom when the gun went off shortly before class started Thursday at Westbrook Elementary School, in the Salt Lake City suburb of Taylorsville.

Horsley says no other faculty or students were in the area.

He says the teacher was severely injured when the bullet entered and exited her leg.

Officials are still investigating how the gun discharged.

Idaho State University instructor shoots himself in foot

Horsley wouldn't release details about the woman or what she taught, but he says she was carrying the weapon legally with a concealed firearm permit.

Utah law allows teachers and anyone else licensed to carry concealed weapons to wear a gun in a public school.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder sometimes how someone just "accidentally" shoots themselves. I have a glock there is no way I am shooting myself unless I put my finger on the trigger. These people need to spend more time getting to know the weapons they carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom