Utter newb buys Dillon 550b!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok folks. I finally ordered the Dillon 550b! :) So, where do I start. I figure I will pick up a Speer #13 book soon. Aside from that, anything else I may need? Anywhere local you can buy brass, bullets and powder? Or is it all as empty as ammo is?

I'm excited if you can't tell. Bit nervous too though!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pistol...J&K has brass and cast bullets. He may have primers. You made a fantastic purchase and the Dillon phone support is excellent if you have questions. OSA can help too.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pistol...J&K has brass and cast bullets. He may have primers. You made a fantastic purchase and the Dillon phone support is excellent if you have questions. OSA can help too.

Thanks you Sir! I still need to get a hog by the way! I will try my hand at J&K sometime this week to get some supplies. Thanks!

Calamity Jake

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And more than one load book, three or four is better to compare loads.
A case mouth deburr tool, and a trimmer.
A good pair of calipers and 0-1 mic.
Powder funnel.

If you've never loaded ammo before then set that 550 up to load single stage to learn the basics and get a good understanding of how the loading process works. If you run into trouble, PM me for help.

Mechanicalmehem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get ahold of Mitch at J&k, he has everything you need for loading pistol, quite often has rifle brass, primers, and powder! He's a great guy and will help you with any questions you may have about reload/setup etc.!
--Mech

Latest posts

Top Bottom