Uzi with new training barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some folks might remember that a while back a 9mm training round hit the market. For a while, it was everywhere and people were exited because it was so inexpensive.

Turned out that I could be fired in a standard 9mm barrel, but it should be. You really needed a special barrel to shoot this stuff.

Several guys rose to the challenge and made barrels for multiple guns, including the Uzi.

Problem with most of the Uzi barrels was that they were basically a .22 liner in a 9mm barrel and the BB projectile is actually .209 diameter. So there was a bit of slop as it went down range. Not a lot, but some. Enough that I ruptured a few barrels using this stuff in my Uzi.

Over the years, when one popped up, I'd grab the training barrel, but have always be a bit weary of using them a lot. And I have several cases of this stuff just begging to be shot.

I got into a discussion about making a barrel for the Uzi by combining two barrels. A regular Uzi barrel and a training barrel with the correct bore from another firearm. A guy on my Uzi board took on the challenge and did it. Modified the chamber end to fit the Uzi and then threaded the outside of the barrel, cut off the Uzi barrel and internally threaded the Uzi barrel and put the two together. I've simplified it a bit, but...

The guy told me that he was successful and out of the blue, sent me a barrel to test out.

Man.

Not only was this an exceptionally nice act on the part of someone who I have never met, but only corresponded with, but the damn barrel runs like a freaking champ!!! And it seems like it has more felt recoil like an actual 9mm now that the gasses don't have an escape channel.

Took it and tested it. Ran like a champ.

My youngest grandson ran a few mags thru it as well.
His smile says it all.

Love it.

Attachments

• IMG_7117.MOV
    15.4 MB
  • IMG_7119.MOV
    8.5 MB

Uzi

Marksman
Reaction score
Can you elaborate on this training ammo?I’ve never heard of it, but sounds interesting!

The ammo is Swedish K Training ammo designed originally for the Swedish K submachine gun. It is 9mm casing and round nose profile but has a 5mm steel bb embedded into the tip of a Bakelite bullet that disintegrates when fired sending the 5mm bb down range. These are NOT blanks and are lethal at close range.
This ammo was around in abundance many years ago and was cheap, cheap cheap. Lots of guys bought many cases of it for cheap shooting.

To the OP…..I’d be interested in one of the barrels you describe if the person is going to produce them.
1639035336115.jpeg

Sted-E Ed-E

LET’S GO BRANDON!
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ammo is Swedish K Training ammo designed originally for the Swedish K submachine gun. It is 9mm casing and round nose profile but has a 5mm steel bb embedded into the tip of a Bakelite bullet that disintegrates when fired sending the 5mm bb down range. These are NOT blanks and are lethal at close range.
This ammo was around in abundance many years ago and was cheap, cheap cheap. Lots of guys bought many cases of it for cheap shooting.

To the OP…..I’d be interested in one of the barrels you describe if the person is going to produce them.View attachment 239140
Awesome! Thanks for the info! And welcome to OSA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom