VA hearing aids.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My guess is, the VA isn't providing top of the line equipment either

The ones the VA gave me are Oticon, and when I got them, they were probably the best money could buy. They will stream audio from an i-phone and I even got a streaming box to stream from my tv and stereo. The VA furnishes all batteries and consumable items associated with the hearing aids at no cost to me.

Mine are made by Phonak and I'm more than pleased with my hearing aids from the VA.

Being curious after receiving my hearing aids I checked online and also called a local hearing aid store and they told me that they were of extremely good quality and would have cost me aprox. $3500.00 out of pocket if I had not received them through the VA.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 91yr old grandfather got a set of hearing aids through the VA last fall. It took a long time due to delays because of Covid, but it was worth the many months of waiting for him to get them. Now if we can get him to use them.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whear do you start if you are in Tulsa? Last time I tried to get anything from the VA they told me I didn't sign up soon enough or was past some cutoff date. Viet Nam vet US Navy, 4 years around jets, I for sure could use hearing aids but can't afford what the retail places charge.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After 21+ years as an Infantry Officer in the Marine Corps, riding in countless helos, C-130's, Amtracs, and discharging my weapon under duress with no advance notice to put my hearing protection on I was given the Marine Corps (Ret) finest hearing aids upon my retirement. The only downside is that it sure takes a lot of time and Brasso to keep them looking good..

USMC (Ret) Hearing Aid.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 21+ years as an Infantry Officer in the Marine Corps, riding in countless helos, Amtracs, and discharging my weapon under duress with no advance notice to put my hearing protection on I was afforded the Marine Corps finest hearing aids upon my retirement.
View attachment 195844
Lol, that looks like the 2.0 version of the one that @rc508pir posted... :drunk2:

2.bp.blogspot.com__nEcMPSO_4xM_VOb2u80d3yI_AAAAAAAAug4_Ncp5Y0045faa23247473e84c0e5e324539ea24d.jpg

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 21+ years as an Infantry Officer in the Marine Corps, riding in countless helos, C-130's, Amtracs, and discharging my weapon under duress with no advance notice to put my hearing protection on I was afforded the Marine Corps(Ret) finest hearing aids upon my retirement. The only downside is that it sure takes a lot of time and Brasso to keep them looking good.View attachment 195845
View attachment 195845
Whoa... what happened to the first set ya posted? :D

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 83 year old Dad says his current hearing aids from the VA are better than any of the high-dollar private party aids he's used.

Latest posts

Top Bottom