VA medical and Medicare?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does qualifying for VA medical effect Medicare and supplementals? Just applied for and finally qualified for VA health to get hearing aids. Received a letter from Global health asking about other insurance and wondering if they are going to drop me now that I am also covered by the VA.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does qualifying for VA medical effect Medicare and supplementals? Just applied for and finally qualified for VA health to get hearing aids. Received a letter from Global health asking about other insurance and wondering if they are going to drop me now that I am also covered by the VA.

It won’t affect either.
As it was explained to me if I start treatment on something with a Medicare Dr, I can’t be treated for the same illness by the VA and the VA won’t act as a co-pay.
Same goes the other way. I’ve never seen my secondary billed by the VA either although they require that one reports it.
Be sure to check on travel pay if your over 40% and see if your spouse is eligible for dependent payments.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It won’t affect either.
As it was explained to me if I start treatment on something with a Medicare Dr, I can’t be treated for the same illness by the VA and the VA won’t act as a co-pay.
Same goes the other way. I’ve never seen my secondary billed by the VA either although they require that one reports it.
Be sure to check on travel pay if your over 40% and see if your spouse is eligible for dependent payments.

This.

Both act as a primary, and your supplemental won't respond to cover anything you receive from the VA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom