Vaca/anniversary ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy-O Boy did you hit the nail on the Head. La Restaurants are my bane. At a High I weighed 330 but now by the grace of God I've trimmed down to 256 and have a long term goal set at 220. Been tough but I am makin' progress. Have heard of Ernests but haven't been there yet, do you have any favorites either here or there or along the way?
The original Monsurs in downtown Shreveport, Don’s Seafood, K-Paul’s Kitchen in NOLA, Felix’s Oyster Bar in NOLA, man I can’t name them all!

Central Market In NOLA for the original muffuletta sandwich, Mother’s in NOLA. Damn, now I’m really hungry!

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had really hoped this thread didn't die. We got back last week from:
Dodge City Kansas
Ogallala Nebraska
Lake McConaughy Nebraska
Chimney Rock
Carhenge
Valentine Nebraska
Scott Falls Nebraska
A week in Rock County Nebraska
Marble Museum in York Nebraska
Salina Kansas
Arkansas City Kansas
Stillwater OK
And then home haha.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I envy you guys who like to travel. I used to be gone so much when at a previous job I'm not that big of a fan anymore. And I'm not that big of a people person anymore.
I thoroughly enjoyed it before we got dogs that are too big to go with us. I cannot stand trying to find someone to take on that burden while we are away, risk them breaking the training we have done, or letting someone into my home while Im not here.

The best trips are the ones where you have a couple of weeks and can pick some destination a week in. Then just wing it on how to get there and get back based on what sounds fun at the time. My best memories as a kid was Dad taking a tour off the fire department and us spending 2-3 weeks just picking our way along somewhere. I think the key is having the luxury of not trying to cram in every last little thing into a rigid time table.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
You take the old lady somewhere nice yet @dlbleak? If you wanna stay relatively close I highly suggest Eureka Springs or Hot Springs AR. Hot springs is kinda touristy, but we love it, it’s also pretty dog friendly. Eureka Springs is effin cute, and has a lot too. Both places have good lakes to fish out of nearby and cabins.

If you’re wanting to go a little further, I would recommend Taos NM, Pagosa Springs CO, or Durango CO. All nice places, all great ski destinations in the winter. If you wanted cool, Pagosa Springs is sitting around a daytime high of 55-60 right now, and while there isn’t any snow on the pass, it’s still a gorgeous destination. The Hot springs resort in town seems like a touristy destination, because it is. BUT it’s definitely worth going to. We love it.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, keep ‘em coming.
We’re familiar with the toas angelfire eagles nest areas. My grandparents bought land and build a house in 1969 close to the Lake Vallecito area NE of Durango. After my grandparents passed away we were able to stay at friends of theirs place up until 5 or six years ago. Love the mountains in Colorado.
Toas may still not be out of the question but we kinda want to go east. Just looked at the place that @turkeyrun posted. We love lake Murray and our kids literally grew up o the boat there. Funny, my wife just mentioned going down there and just hang out.
IF still looking, I'll toss out a couple. Buena Vista Colorado and get a cabin at Rainbow Lake Resort.
http://www.rainbowlakeresort.com/
You mention Murray. If you've got a boat, the floating cabins are great! Well, at least I liked them. :) They're booked like a year out so may not work for you until Sept or Oct.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I haven’t been anywhere together in years other than coming up to our place in Alfalfa county.
Hell, you got too many pets that'd need tending to if you left for very long! :) Wife and I love to travel and see things we may not be able too when older. We plan a 2 week trip every other year abroad and two 1 week trips in the US the other years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom