Vaca/anniversary ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had really hoped this thread didn't die. We got back last week from:
Dodge City Kansas
Ogallala Nebraska
Lake McConaughy Nebraska
Chimney Rock
Carhenge
Valentine Nebraska
Scott Falls Nebraska
A week in Rock County Nebraska
Marble Museum in York Nebraska
Salina Kansas
Arkansas City Kansas
Stillwater OK
And then home haha.
That reads like my some of my tour of Wheat Harvest 1973 in the KS/NE portion and in reverse since I started from Arkansas City right after HS graduation.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You take the old lady somewhere nice yet @dlbleak? If you wanna stay relatively close I highly suggest Eureka Springs or Hot Springs AR. Hot springs is kinda touristy, but we love it, it’s also pretty dog friendly. Eureka Springs is effin cute, and has a lot too. Both places have good lakes to fish out of nearby and cabins.

If you’re wanting to go a little further, I would recommend Taos NM, Pagosa Springs CO, or Durango CO. All nice places, all great ski destinations in the winter. If you wanted cool, Pagosa Springs is sitting around a daytime high of 55-60 right now, and while there isn’t any snow on the pass, it’s still a gorgeous destination. The Hot springs resort in town seems like a touristy destination, because it is. BUT it’s definitely worth going to. We love it.
Not yet. We haven’t talked about it for a few days. We need to get off our butts before we run out of time!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, you got too many pets that'd need tending to if you left for very long! :) Wife and I love to travel and see things we may not be able too when older. We plan a 2 week trip every other year abroad and two 1 week trips in the US the other years.
My sister in law and brother in law are coming up this weekend, and it’s my first time entertaining. I’m a little nervous that they’ll have a good time and want to come back.:blush:

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rim Rock Cove Ranch in Northern AR is about the most relaxing place in the middle of nowhere ive ever been. Find a place to stay in Russellville AR. Lots of good food, 3 mountains nearby to hike, huge lake to explore. All time favorite family vaca.
Natural Falls State Park here in OK is absolutely gorgeous place to hike around. They even have yurts you can rent and stay at the park.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're in the same boat, anniversary coming up and cant decide either. It's too hot to travel, too hot to fish, too hot for anything it seems. Probably Colorado is your best choice because the heat is here for another couple of weeks.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My sister in law and brother in law are coming up this weekend, and it’s my first time entertaining. I’m a little nervous that they’ll have a good time and want to come back.:blush:
I normally save all the dishes from prepping dinner. If everyone looks like theyre having too much fun I will remind them the cook doesnt do the dishes.

My wife always sabotages it on the complaint no one will ever come back....

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check out Village Tours and book a trip to somewhere you have never been They do the driving, sme meals, and deliver luggage to your room Motels are on the nice side See some sights that are new to you and make new friends

Latest posts

Top Bottom