Vacation suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I are going on a vacation in July. The only problem is we don't know where to go! He have been to quite a few places, but we are looking for somewhere else to go. The only problem is my wife is pregnant. So, that rules out all tropical places. We would love to go back to Costa Rica, or somewhere in the Caribbean, but that is ruled out due to the Zika virus. We were thinking Carmel California, Maine, Cape Cod, or somewhere else. We have been to maine and carmel several times so thats why were looking at Cape Cod. Any suggestions? We went to Vail last summer and enjoyed the mountain air. The requirements are this. U.S. or Canada, exceptional food, and relaxing. I don't have the funds right now for Europe. Any suggestions from you fine folks?

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Partial to SW Colorado myself, we spend a week each summer bouncing between Durango, Pagosa Springs, Silverton and Ouray. Durango has the most to offer in terms of lodging, restaurants and shopping. We'll be up there again in August. We go to relax but if you want to see the sights, there's plenty of that to like ancient ruins, mining towns, train rides, etc. Oh, and the weather is super nice too.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're headed back to the Yellowstone area this year. We'll hang around Jackson for a couple of evenings, but mostly spend time in the park. Our other favorite vacation area is northern Michigan. You get the beauty of the water without the miserable humidity of the gulf coast.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A tour of the NW, Washington State, Oregon, and into British Columbia is a great vacation. Venture on the ferry's from Vancouver to Victoria Island, make the driving tour, and head back through the Olympic village in Wittier. You'll take several car ferry's getting around, but they have it down to an art with some that feature entertainment, and always great scenery. Victoria Island has more bears per square mile than anywhere else, and in our week there we saw one.
More on the northern end. We visited the southern side of the island to mid way.
We'll be back there later this year.

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spent most of last summer in Pagosa springs and Durango.Hope to go back to Colorado for a month or so in the near future.Idaho is a pretty state too.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bozeman, MT. The whole SW Montana is my happy place. We spent several days two summers ago in Bozeman and then the following 8 days in Ennis, MT. This August we are vacationing just South of Bozeman in the Big Sky area. Yellowstone is about hour and a half south of Bozeman which is great. Lots of other attractions in the area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom