Vacation to British Columbia

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am headed out that way tomorrow. I am from Seattle originally and have been to BC several times for fishing. beautiful country. I'll be hitting the salmon run and crabbing Saturday morning!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am headed out that way tomorrow. I am from Seattle originally and have been to BC several times for fishing. beautiful country. I'll be hitting the salmon run and crabbing Saturday morning!

Good luck on your fishing! We stayed on Quadra Island just a couple of miles offshore from Cambell River, billed as the salmon capitol of the world. The fishing was spotty, with only Chinook salmon being caught and one one or two.
Conversly, when we stayed at Euclid on the Pacific side people were coming off the boats with ice chests so full of fish that it took two men to carry them, or they would push/pull them up the ramp. Much better fishing there. Pics of the catch will be in the pic forum when they all get loaded.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am actually headed south to Astoria. Going fishing the mouth of the Columbia at bouy 10. When I was a kid, we headed out to Nanook, Canada on Stuart Island.

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one trip up there where I caught a 38, 34 and 32 pounder. then I also caught a 20 pound shaker to limit out. Very nice trip. The bottom fishing out there is the best. huge lingcod and halibut

Latest posts

Top Bottom