Valley of the Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A pretty cool zombie movie on Netflix. Set during the Spanish civil war it departs from the normal zombie flic by having a lot less gore and a lot of cool old guns. There is a lot of badly faked blood splatter when one is shot but no zombies tearing chunks out of people.

One thing, in one scene two guys trapped in a truck decide to go out with a bang and light some dynamite. The wife and I both believe one of them was the main man. yet a few seconds latter you see him with other people. I loved the nun giving communion to the zombies.

Anyway very well done for a zombie flic. The wife even liked it and she hates most of the gene. Worth watching if you have Netflix, and no I do not need anybody showing how trendy you are that you do not have Netflix. The wife likes it so I try to get our moneys worth out of it.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A pretty cool zombie movie on Netflix. Set during the Spanish civil war it departs from the normal zombie flic by having a lot less gore and a lot of cool old guns. There is a lot of badly faked blood splatter when one is shot but no zombies tearing chunks out of people.

One thing, in one scene two guys trapped in a truck decide to go out with a bang and light some dynamite. The wife and I both believe one of them was the main man. yet a few seconds latter you see him with other people. I loved the nun giving communion to the zombies.

Anyway very well done for a zombie flic. The wife even liked it and she hates most of the gene. Worth watching if you have Netflix, and no I do not need anybody showing how trendy you are that you do not have Netflix. The wife likes it so I try to get our moneys worth out of it.
Spanish civil war? Because of the Nazis I assumed it was a WWII movie. Did not realize that part of it. Watched it about a month back. Definitely a B rated movie but I like just about anything zombie or WWII. Combine both and it’s a win win for me.

If you haven’t seen Overloard you need to. It’s a good one that is better and isn’t a cheesy B rated movie. Directed way better.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spanish civil war? Because of the Nazis I assumed it was a WWII movie. Did not realize that part of it. Watched it about a month back. Definitely a B rated movie but I like just about anything zombie or WWII. Combine both and it’s a win win for me.

If you haven’t seen Overloard you need to. It’s a good one that is better and isn’t a cheesy B rated movie. Directed way better.
You do know B movie stands for Best movie don't you?

Yes the Germans had a part in the Spanish civil war. I dot know if the Nazis were even formed yet, just looked it up and they did. Hitler sent in armored units and air power to support Franco so that part is correct.

On a side note: you remember the 2 guys in the truck who blow themselves up instead of being eaten? Wasn't the one that lit the cigarette the main guy who later gets hit hand cut off?

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do know B movie stands for Best movie don't you?

Yes the Germans had a part in the Spanish civil war. I dot know if the Nazis were even formed yet, just looked it up and they did. Hitler sent in armored units and air power to support Franco so that part is correct.

On a side note: you remember the 2 guys in the truck who blow themselves up instead of being eaten? Wasn't the one that lit the cigarette the main guy who later gets hit hand cut off?
I vaguely remember that part. I’d have to watch it again to see what you’re talking about.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. Not totally trashing it. It’s just like they had maybe half a million to make it with. If they had more money and a better Director it would’ve been an A list movie.

Be for best movie lol. You’re such a comedian. Then A must be for awesomer then bestest. lol

Did you see Overlord? That was a good movie.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I vaguely remember that part. I’d have to watch it again to see what you’re talking about.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie. Not totally trashing it. It’s just like they had maybe half a million to make it with. If they had more money and a better Director it would’ve been an A list movie.

Be for best movie lol. You’re such a comedian. Then A must be for awesomer then bestest. lol

Did you see Overlord? That was a good movie.
I have not seen Overlord yet but will look it up. As for Valley of the Dead, for a Spanish made movie I thought it was very well done. Not up to Hollyweird standards but at least as good as Italian westerns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom