Value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxnAce

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_2017-09-16-19-17-43.png
Curious on approx trade value? View attachment 106847

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What model Springfield, there's a big difference between a Milspec or GI vs a TRP or something.
Cocking serrations lead me to it being a Milspec or GI version but pretty hard to tell from that pic.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$500-600 I'd guess. They're pretty bare bones and you can get ALOT more features for not much more money. Not sure if you're the buyer or seller but slapping fancy grips and a magwell on a plain jane Springer is kinda silly IMO.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats your budget and what are you looking for in a gun? Quite a few 1911 guys here. Are you wanting to have one to modify or just get it and shoot?

Things to look for:

Lowered and flared ejection port vs standard/GI
Sights: Novak vs GI Cut
Cocking serration preference (straight, angled, wider grooves, fronts?)
You can get guns that are "as machined", ones that have a light bevel to edges and ones that are like used soap with crazy rounded edges.
Beavertail safety
Spur vs skeletonized hammer
Original short trigger vs longer trigger

List is endless but that gets you started.

I'm a big fan of the Springfield Loaded for a bang for the buck entry level "nice" gun. Lots of features, and not too expensive.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that is indeed a 500-600 dollar gun. New, anyway. It's a springfield GI model, i own one just like it.

By the way, the GI model from Springfield has a flared/lowered ejection port compared to standard m1911a1 models.

i'm going to give you my .02 cents though;

if you're new to guns/1911s, buy it new from an established business. lots of shady **** going on, and that warranty/return policy is worth its weight in gold. especially with guns as fickle as m1911s.

if you want an affordable, basic 1911, springfield is a good company. in my experience, anyway.

my experience is limited to the GI model, i've never had any problems with it but three things i'd like to note for you;

1. the parkerization is ****.

2. the included magazines are ****. will need replaced with Wilsons, preferably.

3. Failure to feed was common in the beginning until i fixed #2 and wore it in a bit.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at all the good responses your getting here. Welcome to OSA by the way. If you are wanting a good 1911 with the stuff you need and not the stuff you don't, I'll also recommend the Ruger SR1911 series.

Latest posts

Top Bottom