Valve springs and Rotators Fun Times

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must do this every time I use old GM iron sbc heads with roatators.
Use 2 different part number springs to get my seat and open pressures where I like them.
Depending on Rev range and cam choice and valve weight I can set my heads up with different pressures.

Darn rotators have .100" different length spring unless I cut the pockets deeper and I am not into that.
I had to order some more Beehive springs today and the prices are not going down on them.

I refuse to run anymore single spring with a flat damper inside of it.
I broke 3 different brands of those 10 years ago with a very mild 268H cam and each time the cam lobe to a hammering.
PAC or Howards Beehive springs is what I have been running on all my SBC and LS stuff and super happy with them.
I can run much less seat and open pressures and you guys know all the benefits of the beehive if you have read this far into the nonsense.

Of course max effort camshafts beehive springs can be a negative.
I am not building max effort just good old street strip tow the boat to the lake stuff.

Springs should be here in a few days.

Good day.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im probably going to need you to do some carb work for me sometime. If I ever get these other projects done and out of here, I can start on a 71 351C. I know very little about carbs being a Toyota guy. Analog fuel injection is where it's at for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom