Vaping not good it seems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll have more information as time goes by, but my personal professional medical opinion is that we're going to find out this stuff in the longrun isn't so good for you.

Neither are cigarettes, but that's not news.

There have been an untold amount of chemical analysis's of ecig vapor. Once you get past the scary statements its shown the chemical exposure rate is well below dangerous thresholds. In the long run its not about being 100% safe, its about reducing the harm factor of smoking. Why do you think hospitals in the UK not only allow vaping they allow vape shops in the hospital itself? Go look up the studies from Public Health England if you don't believe me.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would consider UK public health system over those in US. It seems that the previous studies all dealt with the actual chemicals and the relatively small amounts in the vapor. The problem seems to be that most folks using this have health systems already compromised by other health issues, and the combinations are not working out well. I'm not sure that is being advertised well to the general public.

Last edited:

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To be perfectly fair, even our own senators travel outside the US for medical care. Medical tourism isn't just about cost, politics don't interfere with science in other countries.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We'll have more information as time goes by, but my personal professional medical opinion is that we're going to find out this stuff in the longrun isn't so good for you.

Neither are cigarettes, but that's not news.

Exactly!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be perfectly fair, even our own senators travel outside the US for medical care. Medical tourism isn't just about cost, politics don't interfere with science in other countries.

And many people travel to here for medical care, including many from countries with socialized medicine.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It takes some longer than others to reach the end goal.

8 years though?

its shown the chemical exposure rate is well below dangerous thresholds.

There's zero studies that can determine the risk of long-term, low-dosage exposure to the chemicals in the vapor; quite simply vaping hasn't existed long enough for a study to determine the effects that years or decades of exposure will cause.

It's definitely about being safer than smoking. It's nearly certainly to be safer than smoking, because we know the long-term negative effects of smoking affect about 100% of the smoking population. It's undetermined if long-term vaping exposure is actually safe. Humans are a pretty resilient and robust animal, but I'm not going out of may way to pay money to breathe in the stuff.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol, to criticizing someone for trying to better themself speaks volumes of ones character.

I'm pointing out that the science is not sure that long-term exposure is, or is not, safe. After 8+ years of continued use, they may still be harming themselves by believing it's safe and we may find out later it's not.

I'm imploring them to consider that we don't know, and it's better to hedge the bets and quit the vaping.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It takes some longer than others to reach the end goal.

8 years though?

I'm pointing out that the science is not sure that long-term exposure is, or is not, safe. After 8+ years of continued use, they may still be harming themselves by believing it's safe and we may find out later it's not.

I must have misunderstood what you meant. Glad you weren't criticizing someone for "taking to long to quit smoking." That would have been a superdouche small mentality.

On the flip side, the more people that vape, the faster the science becomes conclusive. If everyone were to suddenly quit out of fear, we might not ever nail down how it affects health.

Latest posts

Top Bottom