Vaping not good it seems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not "vaping" in general that is causing this, vaping has been around for a while so why is this epidemic happening now? It's Vitamin E acetate used in the cheap chinese juul pod juices, thc cartridges and nasty homemades. It is not the PG or VG in premium vape juices. While vaping is not perfectly safe, it is not the monster its being generalized as the past few weeks. Chinese make cheap products, they dont care what goes into your body. Premium juices are made under very strict FDA regulations in sterile enviroments..

Not all chinese stuff is bad. Dekang has been around for a long time and their manufacturing plant far exceeds the lab requirements here in the states.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Really? Because the FDA doesn't regulate vaping at all, so I'd like to see some evidence to this effect.

I think he was confused with standards put out by AEMSA, the attempt by the ecig industry to regulate themselves before the FDA took their tyrannical hold. AEMSA put forth requirements that all eliquid manufacturers have clean rooms to for doing their mixing.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? Because the FDA doesn't regulate vaping at all, so I'd like to see some evidence to this effect.
I can't give you a link but it goes back to a 2010 court ruling.
The products that contain nicotine are regulated as tobacco products. The other premium juices aren't regulated at all. Nobody cares what's in there.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nit picking what?

Sorry, I'm busy trying to dig through 130+ pages of legalese in the first link. I will, however, admit the FDA does appear to assert some authority, but I have yet to find anything showing any specific regulatory standards on the 'juices' or whatever. I don't know that I have time to dig through it all, I do have real work to do.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, everything I am seeing has to do with marketing. Nothing to do with regulating actual manufacturing or standards.

It could be in there, but it's difficult to find - I don't see any indication the FDA is enforcing any kind of standards except as they apply to who they can sell to and how they can label them.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Question for those defending the safety of vaping and the purity of the ingredients in the "juice".

How do you know what is in the juice? Do you know where your juice is made and who makes it? Does the FDA or any independent agency verify the contents and inspect it on a recurring basis?

Do you really know or are are you trusting the word of the manufacturer and the guy selling it to you over the counter?

Latest posts

Top Bottom