Vaping vs Smoking: The myths, the facts, and the controversies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anybody has called it perfectly safe, just better than smoking. Smoking can also cause mutations: https://www.nhs.uk/news/cancer/smoking-causes-hundreds-of-genetic-mutations/

So, given that some people are going to choose to imbibe nicotine, which is the better alternative?

Short term and immediately, vaping seems to be the better alternative. However, when we have a bunch of zombies getting blasted by automatic weapons after the unknown mutations take full effect, that decision may be different when your the one getting blasted.

Quitting is the best alternative.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father smoked all the time my brother and I were growing up, and strangely neither of us have ever smoked. My dad had no problems from smoking as far as we can tell. All that to say, I have no ill things to say about folks that do smoke or vape, other than just to say,

Please don't hang it around your neck like a pacifier.! At least don't do it while open carrying. Bad image...

Ok, I will work on that. I only open carry when I’m working in the yard though or running to the gas station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." :drunk2:
Naaahhh Thats just Gunbuffer, he thinks everything is gay!!! I just have not figured out if he means gay-happy or gay-homosexual!!!
He knows lots of stuff about firearms and shares his knowledge so he can call everything gay if that is what makes him happy!! :cool:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yeah, and I bet they made the same mistake that the researchers in 2015 did. Not knowing how to use an ecig will cause all sorts of problems. The thing is that when the wick goes dry the person vaping knows it instantly and stops. These researchers have no clue so they keep firing and burn the crap out of the wick, which causes the formation of those chemicals (little hint, they are also formed when burning tobacco leaves). I will bet anything once the paper comes out it will get torn apart in peer review for improper usage of an ecig.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This probably isn't the right thread but I gotta brag on my dad. He's 81 years old this year. He smoked 2-3 packs a day for the last 60yrs until a month ago. He said he can't explain why/how he quit. He just doesn't want a cigarette. Sometimes he'd like one with his morning coffee but when he beats that craving he's good to go for the day. This is the guy who was absolutely unfit to interact with people if he ran out of cigarettes. I told him we gotta make up some bs about how he quit so easy cuz we could be rich. His smokin fingers have lost the yellow stains they had for years and his mustache is more of a white color now rather than a yellowish/brown it was before.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Vaping leads to reefer..... reefer leads to madness.
Not offering any judgement just reporting 1st hand comments and observations from business owners in Antonito Colorado where I'm at right now. Town of 1500 people with three legal dispensaries.
There is a help wanted sign at every business. We have been to the grocery, and two restaurants with help wanted signs in the windows.
We asked the folks that waited on our table or checked us out at the grocers and they said since the dispensaries became legal, they can't keep an employee. The owners basically cook, bus tables, wait tables, or check people out at the grocer. Folks come to work, get a paycheck and go away for a week or two then come back looking for another week or two work, then disappear again.
Again not being judgmental, just reporting the facts in my Colorado location. Others may vary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom